No weight loss for 2 weeks... What to do?

Options
For the last two weeks I haven't lost any weight for some weird reason and I don't know why. I've been excercising at least 4-5 times a week and ate around 1200ish calories. The scale hasn't moved and the muscle % didn't change either. I was wondering if I'm stuck on a plateau because I've never been able to go below 69kg (153lbs) :/ Now I'm thinking about upping my calorie intake with nuts for example but is it a good idea which will help me? And if I up my calories how many should I have each day?

Any opinions, help?

Replies

• F1refairy
    F1refairy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's exactly the situation I'm in at the moment. I am going to have a go at calorie cycling, upping my calories every other day to bring the overall net calories up, and keep surprising my brain. I am going to try for 1700 calories today, and back down the 1200 tomorrow, then back up to 1700 again on Sunday. It's supposed to reassure the brain that we are not actually slowly starving to death and it's fine to keep on triggering weight loss. I think it's probably best to choose healthy options like nuts or dried fruit for the increase, as personally, if I start eating junk, everything falls apart! Also switching up your fitness routine might help. Think about what your body and brain is getting used to and change it! Good luck!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    are you eating 1200 a day or netting 1200 a day?
    i would say try upping your calories - either by eating your exercise calories (if you dont already) or go in and manually change your goal.. i know it sounds weird, but there are tons of threads here with people who didnt believe in eating more to lose until they stopped losing and tried it.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    eat more! sounds strange i know but it worked for me.. i started off on 1200 which worked fine for a few months, then i noticed the loss was slowing and finally stopped.. so i boosted my calories to 1400 and it worked :) i've since dropped back down to 1200 after christmas (due to extra padding i aquired)

Good luck and feel free to add me if you need any advice/support :)
  • jayman228
    jayman228 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hmm...your not alone. I noticed this same thing with me. I been keeping an eye on the calories that I'm suppose to eat daily to reach my goal and workout plan and as of right now I lost 2 lbs. Although the number isn' stopping me. It's more less motivating me to keep at it and get that number of scale down. Good news is I saw a friend last night and he said "Wow, I can totally see you lost weight". I was shocked to hear that because I can't tell from the scale BUT I'll take it! :-)
  • Mirimuffin
    Mirimuffin Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers! I'll try to eat around 1300 for now (and maybe 1500ish on weekends) to see if it's working or not :)
  • Geordietyke
    Options
    Hi, it's interesting to read about this. I am having the same problems. I'v e been tracking my calorie intake and doing around 150-180 cals worth of exercise 5 times a week and have only lost 2lbs! (my ticker says 4lbs but I've gone up 2lbs this week again). My calorie intake has gone from around 1700-2000 per day to about 1100-1300 and apart from my 'treat day', I'm always way under calorie intake. Could this be causing me NOT to lose weight? It seems strange that to lose weight, I have to eat more! Saying that, I can fit into smaller pairs of trousers so maybe it's inches I'm losing, as opposed to weight??
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    are you eating 1200 a day or netting 1200 a day?
    i would say try upping your calories - either by eating your exercise calories (if you dont already) or go in and manually change your goal.. i know it sounds weird, but there are tons of threads here with people who didnt believe in eating more to lose until they stopped losing and tried it.

I have 1200 a day and was stuck for two weeks, now with the exercise I have been eating close to all of my exercise calories and lost 1.5 lbs this week...........good luck
  • jackieb1977
    jackieb1977 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ive had the same problem also. two weeks and no loss, i had first week of 8lbs loss then nothing. i have started exercising more. eating all my kcals one week , not eating kcals the next but nothing is working. i have been doing more exercise than i ever did but still nothing. i have lost 2" off my waist but thats it. any advice would be helpful.