body types, which one are you?

Options
Hi, When I was about 20 I researched which body type I was, and have always tailored my diet and gym programme to suit, and it has never let me down, I am interest to hear if anyone else takes this into consideration?

examples of body types

1)Endomorph
The endomorph body type is solid and generally soft. Endomorphs gain fat very easily. Endo’s are usually of a shorter build with thick arms and legs. Muscles are strong, especially the upper legs.
Typical traits of an Endomorph:

Soft and round body
Gains muscle and fat very easily
Is generally short and “stocky”
Round physique
Finds it hard to lose fat
Slow metabolism

2) ectomorph
ectomorph is a typical skinny person. Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle. Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.

Typical traits of an ectomorph:

Small “delicate” frame and bone structure
Classic “hardgainer”
Flat chest
Small shoulders
Thin
Lean muscle mass
Finds it hard to gain weight
Fast metabolism

3) mesomorph

A mesomorph has a large bone structure, large muscles and a naturally athletic physique. Mesomorphs are the best body type for bodybuilding. They find it quite easy to gain and lose weight. They are naturally strong which is the perfect platform for building muscle.

Typical traits on a Mesomorph:

Athletic
Hard body with well defined muscles
Rectangular shaped body
Strong
Gains muscle easily
Gains fat more easily than ectomorphs

These body types aren’t set in stone. some might find they have a combination of two body types. These combinations are either ectomorph/mesomorph or mesomorph/endomorph.

Replies

• wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i think im a mesomorph.

had to edit! memorized the wrong name =]
  • lunaluna671
    Options
    Im an "Endomorph" :smile:
  • shazzam05
    Options
    Not sure about those body types; I am a large unhealthy body slowly morphing into a slim healthy body
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    According to my gym & also in some of the online quizzes that I did, I'm a Mesomorph. I'm athletic, have developed calves since I was a kid & also strong even before I started lifting heavy weights.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly an ectomorph.
    What do you mean you changed your diet/exercise to follow suit? How did you decide what to eat based on this body type?
  • JaneP2011
    JaneP2011 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got the two body syndrome - top half is an ectomorph, bottom half an endomorph! (Maybe this typology works better for men than women?)
  • LemonDiva
    Options
    Hmmm think I'm the first is that Endo but with an hourglass figure... when it isn't swamped by fat!!! however any strength i may have buried is compromised by Post Polio Syndrome... so I am truly endomorphing... that is looking for the strength and beauty within...lol
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Definitely and Endo...could not relate to the others at all.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Crazy! I just took this quiz on bodybuilding.com like 1 minute ago! I'm mesomorph.
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    the last one without being altheltic AT ALL lol tall, big boned but love the best type to do bodybuilding ever since Jody Marsh starting doing it (don't hate lol)
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly an ectomorph.
    What do you mean you changed your diet/exercise to follow suit? How did you decide what to eat based on this body type?

if you google or buy some books on this, there are recommendations on how to get the best out of your body type, for instance, a diet for me in high protein works really well, I have chopped and changed over the years and found that staying withing the lines of whats recommended for my body type works really well.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    i seem to be a mesomorph
  • Sunnyside58
    Options
    I guess I am a endo/meso interesting so what diet should I look for if this is the case?
  • rhari
    rhari Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Most of my extended family, and I are Endo. My Dad and sisters are all Meso.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would say Ecto... but since I'm tall and have huge hands and feet for a girlie, that doesn't seem right..
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Mesomorph sounds about right. Always have had the athletic bod, even when I'm feeling squishy lol.
  • Saxmis
    Saxmis Posts: 84
    Options
    I think I am an ectomorph. When I was younger (yes, I'm aware that I'm still only 22) I could eat whatever I wanted and never gained any weight (after I'd re-reached a normal BMI). Even when I recovered from my ED I was still very thin and small and often described as having a small build and being delicate. The only reason why I did gain weight and get as big as I did was because I was binge eating on nearly 8000 calories a day... no metabolism is that good.

I found it quite easy to burn off the majority of the fat, 89 lbs weight loss total in 9 months which I think makes me definitely not endo as I know it wouldn't have been so easy so far as endos struggle to burn fat.

So yeah, ecto for me. Just need to lose the last lot of stubborn pounds so that's actually more visible when people look at me, now!
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    Somewhere between meso and endo morph
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm a Mesomorph
  • jankleberry
    Options
    Endomorph!