Super Bowl Party Recipies

Options
_CowgirlUp_
_CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
I was shocked to go to the forum and not find a thread exchanging recipes for healthy eating at Super Bowl parties so I'm starting this one.

What healthy dishes are you serving or taking to a party??

Replies

• Cheermamasita
    Cheermamasita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Spinach Salad; Spinach, strawberries, purple onion rings with lite French dressing
    Turkey Chili: Ground Turkey breast, beans, chili seasoning, onion, green pepper, diced tomatoes
    Veggie tray: Assorted veggies, low cal ranch dip
    laughing cow cheese wedges with rosemary and raisen crackers
    Special K chip crackers
    Skinny Cow ice cream bars
    Crystal lite lemonaide
    Sparkling mineral water with lime wedges
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    We decided to start a new SB tradition. We're roasting a turkey! For snacks we have mango peach salsa with corn tortilla chips, veggies and hummus, baked mozzerella sticks, crackers and laughing cow, then sweet potatoes, roasted green beans, salad, corn on the cob(kid request) and jello for dessert!

I'm just excited for the leftover turkey to cook with next week ;-)
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shazzam05
    Options
    saw this thread and thought it would be super recipes to go into bowls.....lol I am such an aussie!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _CowgirlUp_
    Options
    We decided to start a new SB tradition. We're roasting a turkey! For snacks we have mango peach salsa with corn tortilla chips, veggies and hummus, baked mozzerella sticks, crackers and laughing cow, then sweet potatoes, roasted green beans, salad, corn on the cob(kid request) and jello for dessert!

Would you be willing to share your mango peach salsa recipe?! Is it "tried & true?" I've been looking for a good one! :-)
  • tinkermommc
    Options

Would you be willing to share your mango peach salsa recipe?! Is it "tried & true?" I've been looking for a good one! :-)

I can't make salsa, only dish that just never turns out for me. I just pick it up at the market ;-)
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    actually ive seen a few of these threads already ive actually responded to 2 or 3 of them lol but heres link to two healthy sites that gathered together some great superbowl recipes :-)

http://www.skinnykitchen.com/recipes/fabulous-super-bowl-appetizers-made-skinny/
    http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/01/skinny-super-bowl-snacks.html
  • _CowgirlUp_
    Options
    Oh my goodness...my grocery list is growing...I'm going to have to eliminate some things...
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm making the following from skinnytaste.com
    ~Buffalo Chicken dip
    ~Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks
    ~Low-Fat Baked Jalapeño Poppers
  • tinkermommc
    Options
    I'm making the following from skinnytaste.com
    ~Buffalo Chicken dip
    ~Skinny Baked Mozzarella Sticks
    ~Low-Fat Baked Jalapeño Poppers

Those are the mozzarella sticks I'm doing too. They look so good!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    Options
    I think we're all looking at the same food blogs! I saw those too. They look fantastic. I think I'm going to do this:
    *Turkey meatballs in the crock pot with spaghetti sauce
    *I'm hoping to find some mango peach salsa and get some corn tortilla chips as someone else had mentioned
    *Turkey chili with black beans or taco soup using turkey instead of beef

I'm attending a party where others are bringing stuff too so I don't need a whole lot. Part of me says just use this as a cheat day and have at it but I still want to make stuff that's healthier for me. I think the little changes like less salt, less sugar, less wheat and less red meat, will make a difference in the long run (for me.)
  • JustRhondaRH
    Options
    Veggie Quesadillas: Whole Wheat Tortillas and low fat cheddar cheese, any veggies (onions, peppers, black olives, etc)
    and salsa for dipping.
  • lavno
    lavno Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, the veggie quesadillas sound really good!! I might just have to try them this weekend!!
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make black bean and chorizo chili with cut-up veggies (carrots and celery) for dipping instead of chips. Going to skip all the high calorie toppings (cheese, sour cream) and use green onions and maybe Greek yogurt instead.

Also, hoping to have a big green salad before hand.

Only going to have one alcoholic drink and the rest of the time I'll be having a lil H20 with lime wedges.

Low fat doesn't have to mean low taste!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    California "rolls"- slice rounds of cucumber. Top with a bit of lump crab, a piece of avocado and serve with a mix of wasabi and soy sauce
  • Cheermamasita
    Cheermamasita Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes has really good Pineapple Salsa and Peach Salsa, the best ever! Also, try Whole Foods.