You CAN do this

Options
Just wanted to say to all of you here on MFP:

I bet that a lot of you, like me, have attempted to get healthy many times before. We've succeeded and failed, succeeded and failed, sometimes wanting to give up, but we never have. If you're here on MFP, you haven't given up.

If you are wondering "Can this time around be the time I succeed?" then you're in good company.

I think the answer very clearly is: it can.

I hope for all of you, regardless of your goal, that this particular attempt for you right now is the time you succeed, for good. I hope it's the time I succeed, too. I have a hundred pounds more to go, and many days it seems impossible, but I know it's not. A lot of you have already reached your goal and inspire us. A lot of you are right now progressing on your goals and inspiring us.

And there are people in your lives right now who are inspired by you, though you don't even know it.

Thanks, all of you who make up this community, for being here.

Replies

• LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I really needed to hear this. Thank You!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Thank you.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Glad someone's listening. :)
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Glad someone's listening. :)

You betcha! :bigsmile:
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sentiments like this, for me, are what MFP is all about.

Thank you for the reminder that now is the time that we will do this, do it right and do it for life.

• amaryllisholloway
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! :smile:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Thanks mate.....:flowerforyou:
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Sentiments like this, for me, are what MFP is all about.

Thank you for the reminder that now is the time that we will do this, do it right and do it for life.

You GOT it, exactly.

We will practice health for life. The more we practice it, the better we're going to get at being healthy.
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Amen! I'm listening
  • roxannecoleman
    roxannecoleman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks. It would be so easy for me to give up right now, as it's been a bad couple of days. However, I will NOT. One day at a time. If it goes bad, pick myself up and start over.
  • TheGoblinRoad
    Options
    Thanks. It would be so easy for me to give up right now, as it's been a bad couple of days. However, I will NOT. One day at a time. If it goes bad, pick myself up and start over.

I'm glad you're not giving up! A bad couple of days are not going to define your life if you don't let it. You'll look back on these days some day in the future with amazement at how far you will have come.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome, thanks! I defo have needed motivation lately, and adding a bunch of friends on here for support has totally helped. Well said, I totally agree...good luck to you too!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I CAN do this. And so can you! :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What a thoughtful post!

I hope that many people read this, especially the ones who are still wobbly and unsure, who still have their training wheels on so to speak. Your message of motivation and support reminds them of the 'support' part of that element. Take advantage of your supportive MFP friends when things feel rocky; it's okay to worry if you're doing this right or whether it'll really happen, or stay, this time. It's not only a place for those who already feel pure positivity and confidence 100% of the time, but also for those that still question daily whether their best potential - their best future self - even fits in here, or whether it's relegated to the high-school hallways feeling of maybe not being destined to be so happy. But uncertainty and finding your footing are part of the journey, and we do fit in here because we 'are' here, and we are meant to be truly happy.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB ON YOUR PART AND THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT - I WAS SO GLAD TO SEE THAT!
  • Tachyonic
    Tachyonic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This really was wonderful to read. Today is Day 1, but it's the fifth or sixth "Day 1" I've done. But it's going to be the last Day 1. This time is the time. I want this healthy lifestyle so badly, and nothing is going to stop me this time, ESPECIALLY myself. :)
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Oh God.:cry: ..everyday I am not sure this ...MFP... is going to work for me
    i so need to learn portion control
    today i got out of control with almonds
    didn't get enough sleep
    missed my exercise sessions:grumble:
    ughghghghg!!!!
  • DarrellHodge
    Options
    I'm READY!