Snackers Anonymous

Options
Hey everybody!! This thread is to confess all of your bad late night or otherwise snacking choices!!!

I, for one, am a late night snacker... BAD!!! haha!

Hello my name is Laura and I'm a snacker. It has been about 5 minutes since my last offense... a piece of whole grain toast with margarine--- doesn't sound that bad... but it's bad when you do so great all day...

Replies

• I get into anything and everything all day long. I have NO control.
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    It seems like I can't make myself eat enough calories during the day, but I could eat and eat and eat and eat and eat at night.... I have to go to sleep now or I'm just going to keep snacking. Bad Laura.
  • MagnoliaRiver
    Options
    100% of my weight gain has come from late night snacking! It's the most difficult thing to give up... and I always seem to crave anything and everything salty! Finally putting a stop to the madness!!!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i use to eat late all the time anything and everything my favorite was taco bell or mexican food like a california burrito with sour cream yummm
  • dreambig81
    dreambig81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a snacker too, when the kids are in bed and they arent here to watch me I can easily sit on the couch and I like a variet of snacks so chocolate, cookies etc...its aweful... Its a bad habit of watching tv and snacking..Im trying to eat stove popped popcorn...is that not a healthier alternative?
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi Im a snacker too, when the kids are in bed and they arent here to watch me I can easily sit on the couch and I like a variet of snacks so chocolate, cookies etc...its aweful... Its a bad habit of watching tv and snacking..Im trying to eat stove popped popcorn...is that not a healthier alternative?

Home made stope popped pocorn is definitely healthier than most snacks out there, yes.
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    if you are a late night snacker some tell me it is from being bored, others say nerves not sure what it is but I also am a snacker. I have exchanged toast, graham cracker etc.. for popcorn. not the kind with lots of butter and salt, just plan jane popcorn. munch with no calories. thats my kind of munching, lol
  • MsKittyCAT
    Options
    insomnia, stress, depression, frustration, lack of control - all reasons why I can't seem to stop the late night snacking and sometimes I consume enough calories to account for a whole meal.... :(
  • fronc
    fronc Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Effie

It has been an hour since my last offense, only because I am now in bed to control myself. I ate almonds, and raisins, and yoghurt.

And Erin totally with you on the salty and sweet battle! Why can I never find the balance, sometimes I even eat a spoonful of vegemite!
  • scampbellx
    Options
    I am also a late night snacker, some nights I work til 10 and I'm always starving after so start picking at things. I just make sure I don't keep any junk food in the house now, so if I am going to snack it's things like low fat crackers with low fat soft cheese, bits of fruit and veg or greek yoghurt or something like that. That way I'm getting the pleasure of eating but still keeping the calories quite low. Thats the only way I can resist temptation making sure it isn't in my house!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm a secret snacker.
    I will but a chocolate bar and then eat it all when no-one else is in the office Or it will buy crisps and cake at the supermarket at the weekend and sneak it into my room in my flat so my flat mates don't see it. then of course it all gets eaten

the solution is not to buy these things but I can't help it I buy without engaging brain or i can talk myself into it

but from now on I am going to try to keep anything in the kitchen!
    I have avoided the pot of ice cream in my room by saying I'll get some in 5 minutes and then trying to do something distracting. I have managed to keep putting myself off for 4 days!
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    Dream Big: Yes it is!! :) and it's delicious!! You can sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on it and it tastes SO GOOD!
  • WanderLaura
    Options
    Hey everybody!! This thread is to confess all of your bad late night or otherwise snacking choices!!!

I, for one, am a late night snacker... BAD!!! haha!

Hello my name is Laura and I'm a snacker. It has been about 5 minutes since my last offense... a piece of whole grain toast with margarine--- doesn't sound that bad... but it's bad when you do so great all day...

Hi Laura!
    My name is Erin and I'm a snacker. It has been one hour since my last offense....a chewy granola bar. Now I want to melt a piece of cheese on a tortilla.
    I need salt to balance out the sweet.
    After that I will need sweet to balance out the salt....
    and on and on it goes.

HAHHHA! I just laughed out loud and my dogs looked at me like I was crazy! This is the idea of the topic, guys!! Confess your evils unto us all!