Newbie asks - Anyone else with Hypothyroidism?

Options
Has anyone else been diagnosed with the condition? If so how are you finding weight loss, even with your bloods showing you are within normal range and your meds are stable?
Sam x

Replies

• twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yup, lots of us here. It's very common. However, if your meds are correct and your blood work is showing that you are now functioning within normal range you shouldn't have a problem losing weight if you are eating right and exercising enough.

I've had hypothyroid for almost 16 years, and blamed it for a long time as the reason why I couldn't lose weight. Then this past August I finally really listened to my dr. and did what he said. Okay, okay, I did it because I figured it was the only way to prove him wrong and make him realize there really was something seriously wrong with my body...low and behold...I've lost 52 pounds since August. I should've listened a lot sooner...
  • samfaye32
    Options
    Thanks for your reply and well done. I get what you are saying but despite working out almost every day and eating a healthy vegetarian diet I am at a loss as to why I am not losing weight. I am back to see my doctor on Monday and have hired a PT so am hoping that something starts to work. If not then I don't know what to do. Was there any specific exercise method that you found worked best with the condition?