Weight routine for weight loss

Options
Hi,

I am currently doing 5 days a week at the gym and only doing cardio.

I still have a good bit to go to my target weigh but my body has started taking shape and I am looking for some routines to keep me on track to burn all the fat and shape my body more.

At this moment in time I am not looking to build myself up just still burn fat through weights aswell as cardio so does anyone have any routines that will not make me gain weight (I understand muscle weighs more than fat and as a result my weight loss might appear to slow down as I gain more muscle)

Sorry if I havent explained this well enough.

Thanks

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    New Rules of lifting would help you a lot.
  • jppizana
    jppizana Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    (I am also interested since I hit my plateau and still have some weight to lose.)
  • Squir88
    Options
    Awhile back I started with chest press, lat pull downs & pec butterfly. Best place to look on how to do some of these is bodybuilding.com
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    talk to one of the trainers at your gym. Look up weightlifting on the net and find some exercises you like.
  • cassblue21
    Options
    Sculpting her body Perfect by Brad Schoenfeld is what I have been doing for several months and I have noticed a huge change in just the way my physique looks. And I can carry my 30 lb child without discomfort now too! :P I also still have a ways to go with my weight and yes the losing did slow down, but it can still come off! :)
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    From my experience steady state cardio = fail for fat loss, switch to HIIT and weights to accelerate fat loss and save all carbs for post workout in the evenings, I have had great results using this basic technique but with some tweaks. Now it all depends on how much fat you have to lose I am at the stage where cal cutting was costing me muscle so I stopped cutting cals at all and switched to a different method to shed my remaining fat, however if you have lots left to lose then cal cutting is fine.
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently doing 5 days a week at the gym and only doing cardio.

I still have a good bit to go to my target weigh but my body has started taking shape and I am looking for some routines to keep me on track to burn all the fat and shape my body more.

At this moment in time I am not looking to build myself up just still burn fat through weights aswell as cardio so does anyone have any routines that will not make me gain weight (I understand muscle weighs more than fat and as a result my weight loss might appear to slow down as I gain more muscle)

Sorry if I havent explained this well enough.

Thanks
    Hi I found and started working the strength and cardio 90 day work out by Lee Labrada on bodybuilding.com
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Awhile back I started with chest press, lat pull downs & pec butterfly. Best place to look on how to do some of these is bodybuilding.com

yup, I love bodybuilding.com. don't be put off by the name, I know it sounds intense :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com ... it's the best.
  • kdickey31
    Options
    I would try cardio/weight circuit training. Its where you do weight exercises with not light but not max weight and you do a circuit of between 3 to 6 exercise for either 12 reps or 30 seconds each. For example, you could start with shuffles to get heart rate up then move into push ups, next do kettle squats, then shoulder press, lunges, and finish with another cardio like jump roping. Take a 1-2 min break and repeat this 3-5 times. When i had a personal trainer this how he said you burn fat and tone the fastest! I would try the web to find ideas for what to put in your circuit and plan it out before you head to the gym...it also helps to change the circuit up throughout the week. Hope this helps! Good Luck
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would try cardio/weight circuit training. Its where you do weight exercises with not light but not max weight and you do a circuit of between 3 to 6 exercise for either 12 reps or 30 seconds each. For example, you could start with shuffles to get heart rate up then move into push ups, next do kettle squats, then shoulder press, lunges, and finish with another cardio like jump roping. Take a 1-2 min break and repeat this 3-5 times. When i had a personal trainer this how he said you burn fat and tone the fastest! I would try the web to find ideas for what to put in your circuit and plan it out before you head to the gym...it also helps to change the circuit up throughout the week. Hope this helps! Good Luck

^^^^ This!! Great advice....plus the bodybuilding.com site.....tons of information there on routines!!!
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, as I said I still have about 4 stone to shift before I am back to my ideal weight but though I would start shaping and losing fat at the same time.

I will try bodybuilding.com, do you need to sign up for it or is it a forum like this?
  • bciochetti
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is free, just look at the plans. I've done the Labrada 12 week trainer and it is a good introductory trainer. The only bad point is that you don't get to see him doing the workouts like some of the other 12 week trainers. Some of the ones on there are very advanced so if you're looking at other ones make sure you look at a few of the workouts.
  • Mark1984Scotland
    Options
    If anyone could post any links to sets that would be helpful as I just had a look at bodybuilding.com but didn't have a lot of time to browse fully.

Thanks