Need to lose 10 lbs

Options
I would love suggestions from folks who have ten to 15 pounds to lose. It seems to me that I plateau after losing only a few pounds. Help!:blushing:

Replies

• Jessie8520
    Options
    1. Change up your routine. Your muscles will get complacent with your routine. Every 6-8 week do new workouts to keep challenging your body.

2. Include more whole foods. Less packaged foods, more fresh produce, whole grains, lean proteins if you eat animal protein, and also include healthy plant based fats (nuts, seeds, avocado, coconut oil). Imagine your place has a Letter T. Half of your plate should be produce, 1/4 whole grains and 1/4 as your protein.

3. Get lots of rest. Sleep and rest days.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I have about the same to lose....although to be honest, Im not too bothered what the scales say, but more concerned with measurements. Would like to drop at least one dress size. Suggestions and tips most welcome here too :flowerforyou:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I would love suggestions from folks who have ten to 15 pounds to lose. It seems to me that I plateau after losing only a few pounds. Help!:blushing:
    The last 10 lbs is the hardest.
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for a half a pound weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Your weight should trend down slowly over time.
    And make sure you also track body fat
    Here for free
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Good Luck!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 lbs by: eating clean, walking the dog about 4 miles a day, and doing power yoga 4 days a week. I reached my goal weight in December 2010 and have been maintaining since.
  • booyatribe
    Options
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Here for free

Good Luck!

clarification, what do you mean "EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES" do you mean that you should only eat as many calories as you burn working out?
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    NO MORE!
    Here for free

Good Luck!

clarification, what do you mean "EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES" do you mean that you should only eat as many calories as you burn working out?
    MFP calculates our total daily calorie intake WITHOUT exercise to lose 1 pound or so per week.
    And after we log exercises, our daily calorie limit increases. The green number goes up:bigsmile:
    Why?
    Because MFP is telling us to eat our exercise calories.
    Large deficits are unhealthy, because while you will lose weight, what's the quality of the weight loss?
    In many cases you'll lose lean body mass - MUSCLE - which LOWERS your metabolic rate, making weight loss harder.
    Be smart.
    Exercise well both cardio and resistance, and eat back the calories.
    The exercise will RAISE your metabolism and burn more fat at rest.
  • BC47460
    Options
    All good thoughts. My goal was the same and it seems those who have more to lose do it easier. But I'm not at the 5 week mark yet and have lost 7. I'll take it! I hope to keep it up. My calculator is set to the recommended 1 1/2 lbs per week. I don't 'eat back my exercise calories' necessarily. But it's good if you want an incentive for a small splurge - finally a glass of wine - or whatever else is like a reward for you. Definitely mix up work out activity. You have to go above and beyond what your body is used to. Sometimes you need to shock it by doing something totaly different. If you walk etc - do a ton of stairs! Killer but helps! Good luck - hang in there!
  • Mateobv05
    Mateobv05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    NO MORE!
    Here for free

Good Luck!

MFP calculates our total daily calorie intake WITHOUT exercise to lose 1 pound or so per week.
    And after we log exercises, our daily calorie limit increases. The green number goes up:bigsmile:
    Why?
    Large deficits are unhealthy, because while you will lose weight, what's the quality of the weight loss?
    In many cases you'll lose lean body mass - MUSCLE - which LOWERS your metabolic rate, making weight loss harder.
    Be smart.

Awesome posts. Just to clarify (i'm slow, I know). If my suggested calorie intake is 1800 and I burn 500 working out, I should eat 2300 calories for the day?
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    NO MORE!
    Here for free

Good Luck!

Why?
    Be smart.

Awesome posts. Just to clarify (i'm slow, I know). If my suggested calorie intake is 1800 and I burn 500 working out, I should eat 2300 calories for the day?

Yes - so that your NET Calories are still 1800
    (Calories from Food - Calories burned) = 1800

If you hadn't eaten them your body would have only taken in 1300 calories for that day, when MFP has calculated that you should have 1800.
  • MaximalLife
    Options
    NO MORE!
    Here for free

Good Luck!

Why?
    Be smart.

Yes, absolutely. MFP has the system set up for that purpose.
  • PatMarkham
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I dropped off for a while due to a personal situation, but I am back on track. I like the idea of trying to change up the food and exercise routine.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 15!!