Hi! Today's the first day of...

Options
the rest of my (thinner) life? I hope!

So, I've been dieting all my life. And now I'm almost 40 and *still* not where I'd like to be. But I'd really like to begin my 4th decade lighter in body and spirit. I'm just so tired of always thinking about my weight, and never being happy with my body.

I turn 40 at the end of May. To reach my ultimate goal weight of 135 (not unreasonable--I'm 5'5" and have a medium build) I need to lose 18.5 lbs in the next 15 weeks.

Can I do it? I don't know... I never have fully succeeded before. But I'm hoping that using MFP in all its glory, including getting involved with the community, will help. I'm here to support and encourage all of you...I could sure use your help, too.

Nice to "meet" you!

Amanda

Replies

• SusanRenee35
    SusanRenee35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    reading this post was like I wrote it :) I am turning 38 this month & have been trying to get off this weight for around 8 yrs..there was always some party or some event that would get in the way of me getting this weight off & after each event I'd tell myself I'd start again. Needless to say I'm exhausted with myself & cannot do this anymore. This isn't I want to lose weight, it is I NEED to. For my sanity, for my health, for my confidence, for everything it has to go once & for all! This is my year & it can be yours too!
    This site is amazing & has so much inspiration! It feels **cken amazing taking care of yourself & feeling lighter & looking better in your clothes.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! & welcome! :)
  • spud1316
    Options
    Hi Amanda. Of course you can reach your goal! I am in week 2 and I am loving MFP and the support you get is amazing. Add me if you want for motivation and support hun.