Introduction... I'm new to this site

Options
Hi, my name is Linda. A friend just told me about this site and I absolutely love it! I enjoy motivating others and I need that as well so feel free to add me as a friend. I am a stay at home mom and I have four children. 2 girls and 2 boys. Ages 7, 8, 10, and 16(step-child). We love to go camping, iceskating, bowling, swimming, etc....

I love food ! So this weight loss journey is a struggle for me. I do like to excersize so I guess that is my strong point. I want to get into better shape so I can feel great about myself. I just enjoy life so much more when I am fit and healthy. I want to run a half marathon this year as well.

Replies

• linda_mae3
    Options
    So I'm new to this site.... and no supporters! Ugh. Totally bummed.
  • Jamie320
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I'm pretty new as well and also attempting to run my first true (not including high school XC runs) half marathon this year. I can't imagine how you do it all with 4 kids, I just had my first in June! Have any advice?
  • linda_mae3
    Options
    Congrats on having your first baby! They are so precious. My kids are all in school now so I have plenty of time for myself.
    We are a pretty active family besides in the winter time when video games take over my children.

Just remember, to always make time for yourself and your goals. You can run the half marathon! Even if you have to train by jogging with the baby in a stroller. Do it. Or if your local gym has daycare, that's always nice.

When is the marathon that you want to run? Mine is in September. I don't have a treadmill so I'm waiting for spring to start training.
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I added you, I also have four children 3 girls (14, 8 (step children) 3 and 1 boy 5.
  • nomsquared
    nomsquared Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I know exactly what you mean - I like exercising, but my LOVE of food ruins me. Best of luck on your journey!

And, of course, you can add me if you want :)
  • barbergirl28
    barbergirl28 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I know you can! You are such an inspiration! Now we can both keep each other in check! :)
  • linda_mae3
    Options
    Thanks Barbergirl... you're the best :) How many years has it been that we've been at this now? 6 years? And we are still determined. Good for us! Can't wait to run that half marathon with you :)