National Wear Red Day

Options
Tomorrow (Feb 3rd) is National Wear Red Day. Wear red to honor the fight against heart disease in women! More women die of heart disease than all forms of cancer combined – in fact, it is the No. 1 killer of all Americans, men and women. Unfortunately, the killer isn’t as easy to see. Heart disease is often silent, hidden and misunderstood.

Replies

• Mitch7749
    Mitch7749 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    done!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    will do!
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    And yet we hear very little about it. :( Unfortunately we hear more about breast cancer because breasts are so sexualized. It's so trendy to have/support breast cancer. I've never seen marathons, telethons, t-shirts for colorectal cancer.
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I will do this tomorrow. XD
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    IM IN, GOTTA SEE IF MY HUBBY HAS A RED SHIRT TOO!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    I used to work for target and after that i threw away all the red shirts I had.

So can I just cut myself and smear some blood around to call it good?

:bigsmile:

So seriously I thought wearing red was to support the troops?
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I don't have a red shirt! :sad:
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    GOT MY RED ON!!!!
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm a red head does that count?

I think I have a red shirt, so I will join in.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm a red head does that count?

I think I have a red shirt, so I will join in.

LOL! Will try to wear red thanks!
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    Wearing red today for my mom (and the Patriots); the strongest woman I know! One year ago she collapsed all of a sudden and my best friend saved her life with CPR! She ended up having emergency open heart surgery to replace her Aorta and spent a month in the hospital. She was only 52 freakin' years old and it was a defect she had since birth. No symptoms, no health issues with her and all of a sudden, Bam! A life-threatening issue. Scary scary stuff that effects women out of nowhere. So I will not joke about wearing red because I know what it is like to go thru this. Thanks to all the beautiful people who are wearing red to show their support!!

<3
  • mp13cat
    mp13cat Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump!