Calorie counting and going out to eat

Options
So, I'm excited that tonight will be the first time I've gone out to eat (save for one sub picked up at Subway) THIS YEAR!!! I haven't eaten out since I've been calorie counting.

I know my choices (or rather, my options) aren't going to be the best ---- but I'm preparing for that by working out hard today and eating light until dinner. Also, I haven't gone over my calories since I started this, so I'm of the mindset that one night won't hurt.

But, how do I approximate and add in those calories? I've searched everywhere and even called corporate, and this restaurant does not provide nutritional information. They say that each restaurant in the chain is a franchise that makes their stuff there, so none of the nutritional information would be the same.

I want to account for my dinner, but I'm not sure how........It's Jim N Nicks if anyone has heard of that - southern BBQ.

Replies

• binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What I always do whenever I can't find the information on the calories, I just list the ingredients separately and if I cant find like the exact BBQ sauce they used, I'll choose the one with the highest amount of calories just be on the safe side.
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd just look through the charts until I found an equivalent and be content with that.
  • muldoont
    Options
    There are some of the menu items from that resteraunt already in the MFP database. Also, maybe when you get there they will have some nutritional data for you. Good luck:)