Frustrated

Hello, I have been on mfp for over a month. I lost 16 pounds 3 years ago and have been at the same weight since. Even after a month watching what I eat I have not lost any weight. I bought just dance 3 and am planning on starting that this weekend. I need to see what it takes to get the game started. I have been pretty close to the 1200 calories it says I need to be at to loose weight. I am hoping the wii game will help me get going again. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Are you a Man or a Woman? A guy should never go below 1,500 a day while a girl should never go below 1,200 a day.

Also, don't go by your weight. Go out and buy a caliper and go by how you look and what your body fat percentage is. You can be 190lbs or 150lbs but if you have 20% body fat, it makes no difference in the way you look, other than maybe composition.

My two cents, at least. This is what has worked for me.

Hope this helps!
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Hey gonecountry, I bought a dance workout for the wii and it works great! I wish the best of luck!
  • adding exercise into your routine will jump start your body an rev up your metabolism! also, if you are eating the same things for breakfast, lunch, dinner...try something new! i love www.skinnytaste.com everything is low cal and low fat, she gives you all of the nutritional information in every recipe. hope this helps!
  • Seriously drop the games, and go outside and do some cardio. IDK if you already do that, but if you are truly following a healthy meal plan, and doing some sort of cardio vascular routine you will cut down. I am currently doing a juice reboot just like the one from the documentary Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead. It has helped me so much. I have been telling everyone about it, and the inspiration I received from it. Maybe you will too. Check it out and see if it is something you can be down to try out. I lost over 20 lbs. in 2 weeks, and am now on day 20. I am going a total 30.

Good Luck!
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Have you thought about a couch to 5k program? Running has always worked to kick my weightloss into gear.
  • Thank you. I am a woman and am going to start the dance games this weekend. Wish me luck.
    :smile: