Victorious Victoria Day Fitness Challenge March 27

Options
Well I guess since everyone else in my house has been ill-it's my turn. I woke in the middle of the night with a pounding headache and then this morning with a "funny" tummy. I pushed myself through 30 minutes of cardio and then threw in the towel & gonna take it easy the rest of the day.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down two pounds. That actually put me at my original goal that I set back in October. I am no longer obese or overweight but just under the healthy range for my bmi so I have decided to stick around for another 10 pounds:tongue:

Replies

• JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Well I guess since everyone else in my house has been ill-it's my turn. I woke in the middle of the night with a pounding headache and then this morning with a "funny" tummy. I pushed myself through 30 minutes of cardio and then threw in the towel & gonna take it easy the rest of the day.

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down two pounds. That actually put me at my original goal that I set back in October. I am no longer obese or overweight but just under the healthy range for my bmi so I have decided to stick around for another 10 pounds:tongue:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Congratulations Julie you must be so pleased despite feel ill you have achieved so much and you are an inspiration to us all and I hope you get better really soon.

Today the sun was out so I went for a 30 min jog most of the 30 I was actually jogging couple of uphill and downhill bits as well just back from our 1hour walk feeling positive at the moment house is clean kids are playing nice really good day so far.

Got to decorate my daughters tinkerbell cake this afternoon it is her birthday on Saturday so if I mess it up I can have another go tomorrow.

Have a really gr8 thursday everybody.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Congrats Julie - I would never workout when I felt ill.

Yesterday I did another hour of weights - so I already have my 2 hours for this week. I can goof off now, right? I also went for a walk. I got my HRM and started playing with it yesterday. I hope to wear it to the next strength class. Just wearing it around the house (making dinner, laundry, etc) for 15 minutes burned 58 calories. I'm going to do my weekly house clean today (about an hour) and find out if it matches up with mfp for me. Might even do some yard work this weekend to test that too. I don't count either of these unless it's over an hour, but I would like to know all the same.

I hope Niccole is ok. Wishing you good thoughts Niccole.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I walked and jogged again yesterday. My ankle thanked me this morning! It hurt bad enough that I couldn't walk on it for about an hour. Then suddenly it was fine (although it still throbs a little.) I may take it easy today other than house work and going to the store. I could probably get some upper body in later today. My little one seems sick again. I think it's just allergies, I hope.
    Have a good day!
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    Congrats Julie!!!

I did my 45 min aerobic walking dvd... and about 30 mins of lower body strength training... felt good... My mom is coming to visit me and I kinda have a mini goal of getting into an outfit that she bought me... I only have to lose like 5 lbs or so for it to fit but I have only got until the 4th of april to do it... so I am trying to work extra hard and get in as much exercise as I can between now and then... soooo Wish me luck everyone...

Have a great thursday...
    Jenn
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good luck Dragonscape, and congrats Julie! That's awesome.

Yesterday I:
    1. Ate mindfully and slowly, away from the TV
    2. Worked out for 50 minutes, combination of strength and cardio
    3. Stretched before checking email
    4. Wore a super sexy dress and knee high boots out on a date. Okay, I know it has nothing to do with my goals but what the hell.

Today I'm going to:
    1. Eat mindfully and slowly.
    2. Walk for 30 minutes
    3. Do 30 minutes of strength training

Not sure I'll get in much more than that -- I'm headed to the spa for the day with my sis for a little pampering -- making the most of my blissful unemployment. Tomorrow I'm going to ratchet up the cardio with a mini swim/ bike/ walk workout.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I go to gym for meditative, non-class cardio. 20 eliptical, 20 rowing, 20 eliptical.

Then a 45 minute upper body and abs class, and walking there and back.

This pedometer thing is amazing. Yesterday I totaled around 8 miles by the end of the day. That's probably my most active day, but that's without any "walking on purpose."

Is it Thursday already? Happy Thursday. :flowerforyou: