Daily Calorie Goals??????

Options
Hey everyone! I wanted to know what a typical daily calorie goal, to lose weight. When I looked online it said that up to 2000 calories per day, but my fitness pal says 1350 with all my goals and stuff....Any one know how to find the right answer? I don't want to be unknowingly starving...know what I mean???

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    it really varies by person...age, height, sex, goals, etc.
    when i first started here i think i was eating about 1300... i didnt stick with it long and fell off the wagon. when i came bac, i was eating about 1400 plus my exercise calories (the way the site is intended to be used) and did a bit better but then i became more active in my life so changed up my settings and got set at 1520 + exercise calories.. i do have my goal set for 2 pounds a week loss, and last month i averaged a pound and a half a week. this month im changing it up a bit to eat at the calories i would need at my goal weight... so im eating more now and not including my exercise calories.
    most plans will have you eat 2000 and then burn off a certain number by exercising.. MFP gives you a goal based on no exercise so that if you cant exercise, or something comes up and you miss a workout you still lose your goal weight per week. the catch is when you DO exercise you need to eat those calories too.
    so youre set at 1350 - you eat that and then if you burn 650 calories you would actually end up eating 2000, and staying at 1350 NET to lose your goal-per-week
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I wanted to know what a typical daily calorie goal, to lose weight. When I looked online it said that up to 2000 calories per day, but my fitness pal says 1350 with all my goals and stuff....Any one know how to find the right answer? I don't want to be unknowingly starving...know what I mean???

Thanks in advance!

There is no such thing as typical.

What did you set your weekly loss at?

If you have set it at 2lb a week, try chnaging it to 1lb and see if you are happier with the figure.
  • shannahjane4
    Options
    Thanks!!! This really helps!!