bacon????

Options
i have found (by accident really) a pack of bacon that contains 53 calories per rasher. I think that is fantastic so i have now incorporated that into my morning breakfast. 2 x hard boiled eggs (140 cals) 1 x rasher of bacon (53 cals) and a slice of toast (96 cals)

My protein levels are higher but within levels and i dont feel the need to snack out as much so all in all very pleased.

Do you guys have bacon and eggs for breakfast??

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't have bacon and eggs for breakfast but it's just because I'm rarely hungry in the mornings and I don't like eggs or bacon very much.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't have bacon and eggs for breakfast but it's just because I'm rarely hungry in the mornings and I don't like eggs or bacon very much.
    Research shows that your body needs at least 250 calorie breakfast to kick start your metabolism which is why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Ill have to see how well my bacon and eggs works but so far im very happy
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I love bacon and eggs, but when I have it it's for lunch or dinner. :laugh: I love me some bacon though...it's my fav!
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    Im just amazed that 1 slice of toast, 2 hard boiled eggs and a rashed of bacon comes in just under 300 calories which is fantastic. Yesterday i had the same for lunch and then a jacket potato with beans for tea and felt full all day
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Only problem with Bacon is the Nitrites and the Nitrates...Neither being any good for you atall..

Although the above comment doesn`t stop me from eating them now and again...
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I usually have eggs and bacon for breakfast. It keeps me full for so long. I also don't eat bread or cereal, so my choices are limited unless I eat dinner leftovers.

Bacon makes everything better :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Im just amazed that 1 slice of toast, 2 hard boiled eggs and a rashed of bacon comes in just under 300 calories which is fantastic. Yesterday i had the same for lunch and then a jacket potato with beans for tea and felt full all day

Yeah, that's a quality, filling meal for under 300 calories! I eat Farmland low sodium bacon and have 2 slices for 80 calories and I thought that was great, lol. You have me beat!
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've had bacon and eggs for breakfast the last two days. Its full of protein, and DELICIOUS!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    What is a "rasher" and what kind of bacon did you find?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Research shows that your body needs at least 250 calorie breakfast to kick start your metabolism which is why they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Ill have to see how well my bacon and eggs works but so far im very happy

This is actually untrue. Your metabolism doesn't need to be "kickstarted" in the morning It runs 24/7.

As for bacon, every day. 2-3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon (Oscar Mayer Center Cut Thick Sliced, 40 calories a slice,) 2 oz of turkey, and either a bowl of Grape Nuts or a couple slices of toast. I aim for an 800 calorie breakfast to fuel up for my workout.

A rasher is the culinary term for a slice of bacon.
  • sdoherty1000
    Options

This is actually untrue. Your metabolism doesn't need to be "kickstarted" in the morning It runs 24/7.

As for bacon, every day. 2-3 eggs, 2 slices of bacon (Oscar Mayer Center Cut Thick Sliced, 40 calories a slice,) 2 oz of turkey, and either a bowl of Grape Nuts or a couple slices of toast. I aim for an 800 calorie breakfast to fuel up for my workout.

your metabolism slows down throughout the night ( or so i believe) which is why we can go 6-8 hours eithout eating thus needing a boost (kickstart) with a decent calorific breakfast.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

your metabolism slows down throughout the night ( or so i believe) which is why we can go 6-8 hours eithout eating thus needing a boost (kickstart) with a decent calorific breakfast.

www.leangains.com
  • marquesajen
    Options
    We may be talking about two different kinds of bacon. I believe that bacon in the UK is different from what we have in the states. I'm just guessing that the original poster is British since he said "rasher". In the US we eat streaky bacon, the UK usually has back bacon, I think. I could be wrong.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

That has been scientifically debunked. The metabolism runs at a constant base rate 24/7. The changes occur based on movement patterns. It takes approximately 72 hours (3 days) of complete fasting before your metabolism starts to slow down and conserve energy.
  • sdoherty1000
    Options
    We may be talking about two different kinds of bacon. I believe that bacon in the UK is different from what we have in the states. I'm just guessing that the original poster is British since he said "rasher". In the US we eat streaky bacon, the UK usually has back bacon, I think. I could be wrong.
    yes you are correct.....Gold star
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    What is a Rashed of bacon?
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

That has been scientifically debunked. The metabolism runs at a constant base rate 24/7. The changes occur based on movement patterns. It takes approximately 72 hours (3 days) of complete fasting before your metabolism starts to slow down and conserve energy.

^^This. Or approx. 4 to 6 weeks of extreme calorie deficit, like 1200 calories a day with exercise, and not eating back your exercise calories.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Other than my shower and walking to and from my car, I spend 9-10 hours after waking sitting, either in a car or at a desk. My metabolism doesn't need a kick start in the morning.
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Nevermind, Got my answer...lol
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I eat low sodium turkey bacon by Butterball Delicious and Low Cal