A 10 min. mile!

Options
DaniNei
DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
I just ran a 10 min. mile.:noway: It was the first time since I ran track in High School. I am so proud of myself and it was really easy too. Usually on the treadmill it takes me 12 mins.

I :heart: running outside now. I just wish it wasn't so hot.

Replies

• PureAndHealthy
    Options
    That's awesome! Yeah I love running too! In the morning or later in the evening is easier... I know what you mean about the heat!
  • donnadelno
    Options
    yippeeeee! Think about how good you feel when you are done. I am doing the same==trying to run every couple minutes 10 times during by 40 min walk/fun. I have lost 20 and have 10 to go. Just started with a trainer to teach me weight bearing excersie. Good Luck!
  • merrymusiq
    merrymusiq Posts: 35
    Options
    Keep it up!! great going.. :)
    I runa mile in 12-13 mins.. yea feels great sometimes when I manage to do it in 11 mins! :flowerforyou:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is awesome. And a great feeling of accomplishment.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Wat to go! :happy:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I am stuck at 12 minute mile. Running outside is TOTALLY better! I have started to run at a nature center--Im addicted!!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Congrats!:drinker:
  • apeninhand4life
    apeninhand4life Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i hat being the rain on the parade but the average person runs a mile in 7-8 min... i know everyone is dif. but im sure your still considered average.. maybe you can use my being mean as a goal 4 yourself because i run a mile in 7 1/2 min and 10 min means you almost walked it .. im a D***K i know but congrats on actually getting out and doing it that’s the hardest part
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are up to running a 10 minute mile!! That is a great accomplishment - congratulations! I'm looking forward to being able to even run a mile :laugh: Way to go - great job! And NO 10 minutes doesn't mean you almost walked it. It means you are AWESOME!!!
  • apeninhand4life
    Options
    i hat being the rain on the parade but the average person runs a mile in 7-8 min... i know everyone is dif. but im sure your still considered average.. maybe you can use my being mean as a goal 4 yourself because i run a mile in 7 1/2 min and 10 min means you almost walked it .. im a D***K i know but congrats on actually getting out and doing it that’s the hardest part

Maybe if you're only running 1 mile that is the average speed for the average person. But I do believe you are wrong. If you wouldn't mind showing me where you got that info from I would appreciate it. Let me think, that would put the average person on pace to run 8.5 miles per hour?

Good work on a 10 minute mile. Maybe you just not an average person, you're better than one!!!

ok bub here check this out.. the U.S. Army basis there standard off of a board of doctors that decide what is the average physical fitness for an individual based off of age and gender.. look in her age bracket and scroll down to the 2 mile run..(2 miles so divide)

Note
    * 100 % is just slightly above average
    ** A 59% is failing meaning WAY below average and not physically fit

It is common for a person to add 30 sec. – 1 min for each additional mile after the 1st mile so that’s where you come up with the scales

If it tastes bad don’t swallow because I know truth can be bitter

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/l/blfitfem22to26.htm
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options

Maybe if you're only running 1 mile that is the average speed for the average person. But I do believe you are wrong. If you wouldn't mind showing me where you got that info from I would appreciate it. Let me think, that would put the average person on pace to run 8.5 miles per hour?

Good work on a 10 minute mile. Maybe you just not an average person, you're better than one!!!

ok bub here check this out.. the U.S. Army basis there standard off of a board of doctors that decide what is the average physical fitness for an individual based off of age and gender.. look in her age bracket and scroll down to the 2 mile run..(2 miles so divide)

Note
    * 100 % is just slightly above average
    ** A 59% is failing meaning WAY below average and not physically fit

It is common for a person to add 30 sec. – 1 min for each additional mile after the 1st mile so that’s where you come up with the scales

If it tastes bad don’t swallow because I know truth can be bitter

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/l/blfitfem22to26.htm

FOR WOMEN IN THE MILITARY silly! Not the average american female.... The average american female is overweight or obese and can't run at all. I'm proud of my 2 miles in 25 minutes considering I used to feel like I would pass out after 30 seconds... literally. A 10 minute mile is an awesome progression in fitness! If we were in the military, and you were our drill sargeant, have away at calling us not physically fit and WAY below average... but in real life... we're pretty stinkin awesome.
  • apeninhand4life
    Options
    wow first off the military standard is based off of a board of doctors that decided what the average person can handle not some supper athlete, look at the Olympics they run way faster then that.
    2nd you have to start taking that test the day u join the army now i don’t know about u but when i joined the army i wasn’t Rambo so that standard is for anyone not just military personnel ...
    and lastly what makes you think that the army is full of supper soldiers i am over weight in the army’s eyes but i can stil uphold the standard
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!