Exercises at work?

Options
2»

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    .......laughing.....Has everyone heard of the hula chair..... it's hilarious!!! but not very practical.

On the more practical side, look at a stability ball chair... I am... as soon as I get below 250 (weight limit on ball)...

My colleague says it has been GREAT for her core....

Thoughts?

I don't know but I think just conciously (sp) sitting up straighter and holding your belly in and chest out could help with this and is free :tongue: I noticed that if I am not conscious of my posture it is slouchy and my rolls are all over the place.
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just like hope516 everytime I go to the bathroom I do 20 push ups (wall ups is what I call them lol) against the wall! By the end of my 8 hour shift yesterday I had done 100!! Needless to say I can feel the burn in my arms!
  • katmac67
    katmac67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I work in a tall building, 22 stories, so in the winter, I climb the stairs at lunch..
  • plaid405
    plaid405 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I walk at lunch and do squats, pushups and dips in my office. I try to add one new thing a week to my routine.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I keep a pair of trainers in my desk at lunchtime to power walk for up to 40 minutes (no showers so can't run!). I've also been known to carry a heavy-resistance exercise band in my handbag so I can sneak in some resistance training!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I climb 40-60 flights of stairs a day. Every hour or so, I just get up from my desk and go for a walk around the building.
  • yahsbride
    Options
    I incorporate brisk walking when I can, I do squats in my office I also strech my muscles. Some form of movement is better than zero. Walk the office halls as often as you can and remember to do it in a brisk form, park as far from your office and take stairs as often as you can.
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I didn't see this mentioned anywhere- but ladies- don't forget your Kegels!! LOL
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Having to sit around on my butt for so many hours of the day has been a source of frustration to me for years. I finally solved it by getting a Fitdesk so that I can pedal while I'm on the computer all day. Love it.
  • willwhite78
    Options
    Here's another idea for you:

http://www.amazon.com/Trek-TD-01-TrekDesk-Treadmill-Desk/dp/B002IYRBI0

The Treadmill Desk. :-)
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I sit on an exercise ball and try to do 25 crunches every half hour throughout the 8 hour day. I also walk 30-40mins on my lunch break. When I'm not on the phone, I'll do lunges and squats, pushups (against my desk because I don't want to get on the floor), and dips. I make sure to drink a lot of water so it reminds me to get up, and if I'm not too busy I'll go use a bathroom on a different floor to get some stairs in.
  • slashkiss
    slashkiss Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water so when I have to pee every hour I take the longest route to and from the farthest bathroom in the building. Some of my co-workers look at me weird and wonder why I am always walking on the wrong side of the building but I just say the other bathroom was full (there is a bathroom like 10 feet from my office). I also alternate between squats, lunges and sink-pushups with each bathroom break. I am also extremely fidgetty at my desk ... I am pretty sure the people around me think I am just a nervous/anxious wreck but 'oh well'! I do leg lifts and stretches while I am typing or on the phone. I also sometimes stand and pace in my office while reading case files. I am thinking about bringing a resistence band to work for when I am on those long conference calls.

Although I am sure the entire building thinks I am 'that weird girl' all my co-workers enjoy seeing me walking around and stop me to chit-chat and they also comment on how the weight seems to be melting off. I even have some of the "skinny girls" coming to talk with me about how to change their work-outs and 1 rather fit co-worker made me feel amazing because she loved the dress I was wearing so much that when she saw me she said "I love that dress ... what size is it? I wonder if it would look as good on me? Can I borrow it?" LOL - she wears a size 10 and the dress was a 16! I was previously a 20/22 so the tight size 16 dress already was making me feel great but her thinking she could actually borrow my clothes just made me feel amazing the whole day!!!
  • TriciaLB
    Options
    I picked up this book 'Fitting in Fitness' from the book exchange at the Y, it has some pretty good ideas. http://www.amazon.com/American-Heart-Association-Fitting-Fitness/dp/081292911X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328795018&sr=1-1