Need some Help!!

Options
So I started back AGAIN on New years eve and have been following my diet for the most part. Trying to keep my cal's around 1200 and protein around 100 grams per day. And before someone tells me to eat "real food" verses protein shakes let me explain. For whatever reason I have to force myself to eat anything between 5am and 2pm, if I do eat I get extremely queasy so my doctor suggested just trying to drink my calories and protein since if I do eat I will most likely end up bringing it back up. I have been walking 5 x per week and wearing an HRM to count my cal's out. I was doing very well and lost 8 lbs, however it seems that I am now stuck and not losing weight nor inches.

My question is, is it really possible to hit a plateau after 8lbs??

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It is if you're doing the same workouts week after week and eating the same foods day after day. Here's what I'd recommend:

1. Change up your workout routine. I don't know what you've been doing, but change it up. New DVD, new cardio machine, new weight lifting routine, something.

2. Try fewer processed foods and frozen dinners. I'm not going to judge your early eating-I can understand the challenges of eating before 2. Try making more home cooked meals for dinner, though. They have lower sodium, which means less water retention. In addition, add more vegetables to those meals even if it's just a light salad.

3. You're not going to like this one, but it will help. Ease up on the beer. I'm not saying give it up, but try not to have it multiple nights in a row. Save it as a treat maybe once or twice a week, preferably not consecutively. Alcohol does contribute to plateaus, in my experience.

HTH
  • jeffmi
    jeffmi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will try your suggestions. Nothing more frustrating that being stuck after a small loss