What do you do when you're not hungry?!

Options
Some days I am hungrier than others. I typically work three nights in a row and sometimes it's hard to eat more than one good meal. I try to eat healthy snacks to meet my daily goals but sometimes it seems impossible because I'm exhausted and tired! Does anyone have any suggestions on keeping up with these goals when you're not hungry to avoid being so hungry on a day off and trying not to go over?

Replies

• msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I hate when I go through not hungry periods or not feeling like eating periods. What I have learned about myself is if I go with that and not stay proactive then I end up overeating later. So I have a meal replacement shake or eat half of a small meal then eat the other half later.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry I don't eat. If I was ever consistently not hungry, like more than 1 day with no real hunger, I'd seek medical advice.
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    When I am not hungry at the end of the day, but still need calories, I eat energy-dense food.

2 tablespoons of peanut butter is 200 calories. That's normally my fix.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat when I'm not hungry unless it's some sort of social function and then I don't eat much. Honestly, your schedule sounds crazy enough that you might benefit from more of a weekly calorie goal. Take your calorie goal and multiply it by 7. As long as you eat within that 7 day goal over the course of the week, you have nothing to worry about. This way you can eat more on days you're hungry and less on days you aren't.
  • sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk to a good way to make up your calories without eating
  • megsasb
    megsasb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The weekly calorie goal may be a good idea, I may try eating things like the peanut butter, still not terrible for you but helps fill in those gaps!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The whole point is to listen to your body. Your body doesn't need the same thing every day. If you aren't hungry, don't eat!