Hi! Looking for some motivation/advice!

Options
Hi! I've been on MFP for a while. I got down to a lovely 140 from 175 and I was so proud of myself! Then I moved and got married, and before I knew it, I was up to 153 pounds in almost 2 months of eating out, drinking, and "celebrating". I am serious about getting down to 135 or 130 pounds but I can't seem to motivate myself. I always had a work out partner. Now I'm in a new town and have found myself sitting around the house baking instead of working out like I used to. I just got a Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD because I heard great reviews from a LOT of people (if you stick to it). (Anyone have experience with it?)

I need diet help and I need motivation! I want to lose some weight but really tone up, and especially lose the cellulite on the back of my legs! I want to tone my arms especially and make my butt more round and perky! And I don't know what to eat. I keep varying between the extremes of vegetarianism, starvation, and saying screw it all! My body's pretty mad about all of that. I don't know whether to cut the carbs, cut the cheese (ha), cut the chocolate...what, what? And don't tell me to eat what I like, because I will eat an entire Totino's pizza in one sitting!

-phew- Nice to meet y'all. Hope I can benefit from this site in more ways than tracking my food and feeling guilty...hehehe.

Replies

• sdoherty1000
    sdoherty1000 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Best to go over to the success stories and stare at other peoples photos. I did it a while back and the motivation comes from peoples comments as well as thinking to yourself "that will be me one day"
  • ajenquin
    Options
    Hi!
    I just posted about looking for motivation and advice as well! Shall we Friend and share what we get?

I just started tuning into my health and am looking to get it under control. I'm liking this site so far. I especially like that I can access the app straight from my phone when I'm out. What do you like about it?
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting back on track. The first thing to do is take a good look at the foods you are eating? Don't starve yourself at all, your body needs the fuel to burn away those calories. Drink lots and lots of water. People on this site have been AMAZING with offering support and suggestions. GO FOR IT!!!! You can do this and you will do this. Are there any gyms in your area that you could look in to? Maybe join an aerobics class or join some zumba groups. That would be a great way for you to meet new people. Take care and good luck.