I am back!

Options
I got side tracked with starting a new job and having a new guy in my life!
I am about to go take all my measurements and figure out if I did any damage over the past few weeks...

EEK!

I don't think I could have done too badly, because I usually wore size 16 or 17 pants, and I went shopping last weekend and bought 13/14s that actually fit PERFECTLY!

SO maybe my weight hasn't changed, but my body comp has!

also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a little bit of movement into my day?
I work in a call center and will be sitting at my desk attached to a phone for 8 hours everyday!

Replies

• littlekimmyishy
    littlekimmyishy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I got side tracked with starting a new job and having a new guy in my life!
    I am about to go take all my measurements and figure out if I did any damage over the past few weeks...

EEK!

I don't think I could have done too badly, because I usually wore size 16 or 17 pants, and I went shopping last weekend and bought 13/14s that actually fit PERFECTLY!

SO maybe my weight hasn't changed, but my body comp has!

also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a little bit of movement into my day?
    I work in a call center and will be sitting at my desk attached to a phone for 8 hours everyday!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Welcome back littlekimmie!

A new guy in your life is always a plus!

How long is your lunch break?
    You should take walks before sitting down to have lunch.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    congrats! on your success! what about the parking lot, park your car furthest from the buidling and take a brisk walk to get in. if you have a choice between elevator or climbing stairs, take the stairs and again pretend like there is a fire. check on the internet for exercises that you can do sitting at your desk. no you won't look weird. if there are stairs you can use it as a stairmaster and get 30 min in running them when you are on lunch. bring your tennies! you may have to think outside the box but that should get you started.
  • qmichi22
    Options
    Hello Michelle here, I use to work in a call center with Cox, and a co-worker and myself bought those resistance bands, get the ones that are seperated, I find you can put one on your shoe and sit and do some curls ! I love mine, Now i use them with the Billy Banks Fat Buring Video 20 mins and you feel the Burn ! I bought mine at Wal-Mart if there is one near you !

I use to wear a 16 and now i'm down a 10 and it does feel great
  • ukbrat1
    ukbrat1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi there,
    I just started and believe me I sit a lot during the day.
    I find parking the car further away from my destination works good
    Walking the dog
    Having dumb bells right at my desk (I work from home so that is allowed LOL)
    A few reps a day all helps
    In the evening just walking to the end of my drive and around the house adds movement
    Take the stairs rather then the elevator
    Welcome back.
    This is working for me, I love the fact that I can keep it on my computer through out the day.
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Way to go littlekimmy! when no one is in the office, I grab a chair and do arms dips:)