RA/Lupus?

I just did a quick search and all the posts that came up were older.. I'm looking for friends with RA and/or Lupus!
How do you make your daily activities work? Does the fatigue ever just get you?
Feel free to add me

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    I will be happy to add you, but I don't know how much help I will be. I am one of the lucky ones and am in remission. I was diagnosed with RA over 10 years ago and have definitely had my struggles and it definitely is what helped me gain weight.
  • I was diagnosed at 5 yrs old and really just thought of it as artritis but have seen a rhumatoligist and was told I have psoriatic arthritis and had surgery to replace 3 dics in my neck would be happy to have a fellow sufferer...fatigue is a HUGE problem can't sleep at night due to pain, get up with 8 yr old and drag my butt around til noon I try and walk since most things I can't do yet still in PT but that is 2X a week to regain movement to my back...Like my therapist tells me a little pain is fine because of the stiffness but if it is a bad day don't try to do more than just the exercises they gave me....
  • lore2810
    lore2810 Posts: 57 Member
    I've had RA since I was 14, pretty much in remission now.
    Still have chronic pain from the joint damage.

The fatigue is tough, have you had your iron levels checked as well? I've had a couple bouts where my iron was very low and made me even more tired.

If I feel I need a nap, I take one. My doctors say to listen to my body, it knows what it needs. So I have good days and bad days, thankfully the good days far outnumber the bad!
  • caite19
    caite19 Posts: 100
    I have fibromyalgia, and I definitely understand pain and exhaustion.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    I have had RA since 1996. It's been a little over a year since my last flare, but I have a lot of residual joint damage and it can be very painful at times. Since I have been logging and watching what I eat, I have been feeling much better. Of course, taking 40 pounds off of my knees has certainly helped too!

I have days when I am absolutely exhausted but that is just something I've learned to live with. I rest when I need to but I no longer have kids at home so my time is my own.

My knees are completely stripped out, but I do still exercise. Just nothing high impact. No running, no jumping! I walk several times a week (weather permitting) and do stuff like Zumba and Dance Central on the Kinect because I can modify them to work for me and not be painful.

Good luck on your journey and you can certainly add me if you'd like.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    I think my wife today got news that they suspect she has Lupus which is attacking her brain. We will know soon. I am just starting to learn about it. I wish you the best. :smile: