PROTEIN POWDER

Options
I am looking for a protein powder that is effective, taste good, without the hefty price tag....any suggestions ?

Replies

• dictations
    Options
    Ditto, I'm curious!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My husband is a body builder and he drinks the Six Star protein from Walmart. He says it tastes great and it usually comes on sale for about $15 for a two pound container. I think it has pretty good reviews for a lower end protein supplement. Some of those proteins in the health food stores are so expensive!
  • kristyhooker
    Options
    I'm very picky especially with taste. I use Optinum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein in extreme milk chocolate. I love that stuff! Drink it several times a day! I wait til its on sale and gold card week at GNC and stock up, just got more yesterday!
  • jrucktaeschel
    Options
    I drink the Beverage Mix from Herbalife for my protein - gives me energy. THere are two kinds Mago and Berry - If you go to herbaloft.com you can get a can for $18.00
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Isagenic natural vanilla.
  • cooter2533
    Options
    Optimum nutrition 100% whey chocolate chocolate is what I. It's about $50 for a 5 lbs tub. It taste great with milk (skim or 2
    %), the best is adding some peanut butter to it in a blender and having chocolate peanut butter milk. Yum
  • colofitguyfm
    Options
    You can get it on Vitacost.com too
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC AMP Wheybolic 60 stuff in Chocolate. Very tasty, but definitely on the expensive side (in my opinion). Might have to try some of these other suggestions!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard - $25 at Vitamin Shoppe, lasts me about a month (1 scoop/day). Love the flavors - not gritty, mixes well with everything. It's all natural as well if that's important to you.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    The last time I ran out (I was using Designer Whey) I pick up some at Wal-Mart. It's actually pretty good and it was only about $15. It's Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein. I got vanilla flavor.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I used to get EAS at Sams, $33 for 5lbs. It was pretty good. Then they stopped selling it so I got Muscle Tech $30 for 5lbs. It's is NO good. Next I'm trying Body Fortress from Walmart, $22 for 2lbs.
  • pamwith
    pamwith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use it also, but in cookies and cream. It is delicious, but I agree, expensive.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Six Star protein from Walmart is good.( About $15..choc. van. or straw. ) Muscle milk is the best ive ever had but $$$
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I get optimum nutrition gold standard protein from amazon.com they have a ton of different flavors, and all the ones I have tried are really tasty, and they start at $45 for a 5lb tub.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Market pantry chocolate whey from Target. Ingredients look like the others and tastes like chocolate milk. It doesn't have the funky protein powder aftertaste at all.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I used to use to drink muscle milk, but I stopped because I wanted something with more protein to calories. I like the body fortress products at walmart. The regular protein is about $15 for 2 lbs and isn't bad, but has a fair amount of cholesterol. Right now I have the body fortress whey isolate. I like it better. It's around $22
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I buy Muscle Milk Light Vanilla Creme Protein Powder. I order it from Amazon, and have it shipped automatically. It's about $18 for a HUGE container (1.65 pound). I have it set to ship every 6 months.
  • JVanDam77
    Options
    I have been drinking Mike's Mix. It is fantastic!! They are a small company and because they don't have all the marketing and overhead costs they sell it at a reasonable price. All the reviews I read (before using it myself) were great too. Just go to mikesmixrecoverydrink.com it has LOTS of information. Best of luck.