Exercise equipment.

Options
If you could buy any exercise equipment you wanted no matter what the price but you could only pick ONE what would it be?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Probably a weight bench. DH and I keep commenting on how it would be nice to have one in the house and get serious about weights.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Definitely my treadmill. Love my bike trainer too but at least can run and walk on the treadmill.
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    A really good quality QUIET treadmill instead of the noisy one I have now. I'm also really intrigued by the bowflex walking thing.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have been eye this ellipical machine for 2 years now and I getting it soon. NordicTrack Pathfinder. I cant wait!!:happy:
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    I had an abs circle pro, I really enjoyed using that and did see a new shape to my stomach, until I broke it lol
  • sciencenerd2011
    Options
    Total Gym. Chuck Norris is awesome, and so is this equipment he is endorsing. My husband and I BOTH want one.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A really good quality QUIET treadmill instead of the noisy one I have now. I'm also really intrigued by the bowflex walking thing.

Me too! The "tread climber" really does look interesting.
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    versaclimber
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    a treadmill, of course. i never get bored and can run for hours on it. okay just 2 hours.
  • KiwiGran
    KiwiGran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A rowing machine. 10 minutes feels like a 30 minute workout and gets the heart pumping better than a treadmill.
  • dsarmstrong
    Options
    Definitely a treadmill. It will take the minutes off of driving to the gym when I am in a rush for work in the morning.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Assuming I got the iron to go with it/make it useful... a squat rack. No question.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Does a squat rack w/ a bar and plates count as one piece?

That and the little adjustable dumbbells I have and I'd be set.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Me too! The "tread climber" really does look interesting.

My co worker had one and got rid of it. Hated it and was difficult to use.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    I want a BowFlex. I find it amazing the number of strength training exercises you can do with one machine. I know the Total Gym is very similar in that regard but I like the BowFlex so much better.
  • midmomike2
    Options
    I forget the make/model of this treadmill, but it has different programs in it that actually mimic the terrain,trails,or routes of different places all over the world including things like the Boston Marathon. I believe it also allows you to link with others at the same time so you can train with anyone at anytime,anywhere. Pretty cool...pretty pricey...but difinately cool!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I want a BowFlex. I find it amazing the number of strength training exercises you can do with one machine. I know the Total Gym is very similar in that regard but I like the BowFlex so much better.

We have a bow flex. It's 'eh. The moves are easier through the first half than they are though the second have. The leg options are pretty sad. When I work out at home i only use it for lat pull-downs and chest press. Otherwise I use dumbbells.
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options

We have a bow flex. It's 'eh. The moves are easier through the first half than they are though the second have. The leg options are pretty sad. When I work out at home i only use it for lat pull-downs and chest press. Otherwise I use dumbbells.

It's resistance based and therefore would get harder the further you "pull" it. I could see where the leg options would be limited as in my high school days I could do 450 to 500 on the incline leg press and the BowFlex really doesn't have that kinda support.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am lucky, have pretty much all I need just need some lessons from hubby on the gym. We have elliptical, recumbent bike & an entire Hoist set up. I would like a treadmill too I think.