so my wedding ring doesn't fit anymore

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
lost about 25 pounds so far and my ring slips right off my finger. doh!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you could put it on a chain around your neck until you are done with weight loss. otherwise you'll keep sizing it again and again. :flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That kidna sucks, but it should make you feel good! :bigsmile:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Yeah with almost 40 pounds lost I can't keep my rings on anymore. Though none of them are a wedding ring, so I just stopped wearing them.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    lost about 25 pounds so far and my ring slips right off my finger. doh!

Do you have any other finger it will fit? It would probably be better to wear it on the wrong finger than not at all (or have it fall off your correct finger and lose it).
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. I took mine to the jewler and for $5 they put on whats called a ring guard. Just a little metal adjustable band across the bottom. As you loose weight you can make it tighter until you are done loosing.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have had my rings re-sized so many times i tell you , it gets annoying!:bigsmile:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but mine can't be resized, so he's just gonna have to get me another one when I'm done losing weight!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I had the same problem. I took mine to the jewler and for $5 they put on whats called a ring guard. Just a little metal adjustable band across the bottom. As you loose weight you can make it tighter until you are done loosing.

ooo that's awesome. is it actually attached to your ring? like, soldered in place? or is it just a temporary thing?

what a useful idea!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I have the same problem, but mine can't be resized, so he's just gonna have to get me another one when I'm done losing weight!

why can't it be re-sized?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

why can't it be re-sized?

it's 3 rings put together, and they would have to cut it to resize it.. i've never seen it done well, you know. so I'd rather not ruin them. But the ring guard would work for now, I will do that!
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    Same here. I just wear them on my middle finger for now (told the hubby not to read into it for any secret meanings), and won't resize them until we're done having kids.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna wait until I'm around 240 and then resize it or I'll look into the ring guard. I've lost around 23-24 lbs so far.
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options

ooo that's awesome. is it actually attached to your ring? like, soldered in place? or is it just a temporary thing?

what a useful idea!

It is completley removable.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I have a ring guard and need to get another one or this one adjusted............

I have went from a size 7 down to probably a 5 1/2.
  • hickory
    hickory Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait for that day! Currently, my wedding ring is permanently lodged on my finger. I can NOT get it off (tried every trick in the book - docs couldn't even get it off for X-rays awhile back) - and I don't want to cut it off.

So...guess I'll just have to stay motivate - lose weight - and hopefully someday it will fall off like yours! :smile:
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble too. There has been more than one occasion when I have been teaching and in all my expressive flailing about, I've flung one in a students face! :laugh: I have two rings with writing on them so they can't be resized. The ring guard sounds like a good option. I'll have to look into them. :happy:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    BTW, for rings that can't be resized due to the gem mount or other factors, you can ask your jeweler to add a couple of gold "drops to the inside of your ring. It's actually little drops of gold, or whatever kind of metal they can use and it looks like little balls on the inside bottom of the ring. It helps them fit a little snugger and can be removed. Might have to actually go to a jewelry maker to have this done, but I've seen it and it works pretty well.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait for that day! Currently, my wedding ring is permanently lodged on my finger. I can NOT get it off (tried every trick in the book - docs couldn't even get it off for X-rays awhile back) - and I don't want to cut it off.

So...guess I'll just have to stay motivate - lose weight - and hopefully someday it will fall off like yours! :smile:

have you tried the thread technique? it hurts, but I have seen it work magic.

you take a piece of thread, a long one, and you start wrapping it around your finger just above the ring. tightly. then as you get a "band" of wrapped thread around your finger, you slide the ring up on top of the thread. then you grab the beginning of the thread, and unwind from under the other edge, and it slowly forces the ring further and further up your finger. sometimes it takes more than one go-round, and like I said, it does hurt, but I have seen it get off rings that were so tightly lodged they were making a dent in the finger.

just in case you get desperate.

but your plan (lose enough to have it fall off) is also a good one- and no purple fingers:laugh:
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I have that also! I need to get a necklace before I loose one. Both are irreplacable.