If you skip days in 30 Day Shred...

Options
Do you have to start all over? On Tuesday, I was on Day 7 of Level 1 (restarted after having got through Level 1 a week before but letting the weekend get away from me) and I just did 30 min of cardio yesterday and Wednesday. Can I just back into Day 8 today or do I have to begin all over again? (I was going to do about 15 days at Level 1 anyway, her pushups are killing me!)

Replies

• Junepal
    Junepal Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have heard/read mixed reviews on this. I am currently on Day 19 Level 2 and have not taken a break, although looking back I think I could have rested one day.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    No you don't have to start over. The body occasionally needs a day for rest, it's not going to make your results suddenly disappear. It took me 37 days to complete all 30 workouts and I still lost 2" off my waist and 2" off my butt - those inches didn't come back on my body b/c of a couple of days off. ;-)
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    No, don't start over. Move on to day 8. Its okay to do 30DS 5 times a week instead of 7. Just do at least 10 days at each of the three levels, so that you are getting in 30 days of 30DS total. Even if it takes you 45 days to complete 30DS you are still getting in good circuit training workouts and should see results!
  • Tatyana130
    Options
    I am not sure why everyone thinks they need to do it every day.. I did not see such "istructions" on the DVD. I do it most days (started level 3 yesterday) and am getting great results even with a day rest here or there.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    No, don't start over. Move on to day 8. Its okay to do 30DS 5 times a week instead of 7. Just do at least 10 days at each of the three levels, so that you are getting in 30 days of 30DS total. Even if it takes you 45 days to complete 30DS you are still getting in good circuit training workouts and should see results!
    I agree with this. :smile:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I usually take one rest day a week, but do 10 days on each level.
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Don't start over, keep on moving and going to the next level that you feel most comfortable with.
  • traci2612
    Options
    I don't do it on Sat or Sun. I have not started over! Your body needs time to repair itself to better build muscle!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I had to take a week off due to very.. erm... heavy ... that time of month. Then again this week because I got sick. =( Jillian hates me, now! I used to do Mon - fridays so it would take 2 weeks to finish each level. I did fine with level 1 and level 2 seems impossible for me to get started and finish with because of sickness.

I think I will start L2 again on Monday and just do an extra week of that. It's a killer!
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Im planning on doing five days on two days break and do cardio on those two days so I think its okay, as long as you dont wait to long between going back and you can still keep up the same as before and you dont feel as though you are starting on day 1 than you should consider it day 1

Great job getting thorugh 7 days!! Im on day 3
    attempting to make it through the 30 days lol
  • Ruchgupt
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! If anyone who does 30DS wants to add me, feel free! I could always use more friends!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No, don't start over! It takes me maybe 35-40 days when I do the Shred. I also move on to the next level when I'm ready. I always have good results with the Shred. This time I moved on at Day 9 on the first two levels...and the last 3 days I did one of each level. Whatever it takes....you're still getting in almost 30 minutes of exercise. That's what it's about!
  • Tsrwalker
    Tsrwalker Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I do it every other day and have lost a total of 10 inches so far. I am currently on level 2 day 5. I started it every other day since I was really out of shape. I just bought her two other videos and since my strength and stamina is better I am going to do 30 DS one day and alternate it with "Ripped in 30" on the other days.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 16th, a Monday, and have taken 1 day a week off. I have 3 more days on level 2 left! I will probably take Sunday as a rest day. I feel better after a rest day and am ready to tackle it again the day after!