Doing this again!

Options
Hi!
I joined a few weeks back, but finally decided to introduce myself.

In November 2006, I started the process of losing 70lbs while my husband was in Iraq for 15 months. I accomplished that and once he got home, we had lots of fun, going out and everyone, including myself and family, and hubby and friends, were super proud of me. Well about a month and a half after he got home, I found out I was prego. I continued to watch what I ate and go to the gym, but at 4 1/2 months, my OB put me on light duty. So- no more gym, all I could do was go to work- I worked in an office, and go for 10-15 mins walks 3 times a week.
Then at 30 weeks, I was put on total bed rest. So needless to say, I gained 60 lbs while prego. So, since my baby is almost 1 year old. I am still struggling. I have lost about 21 lbs, and am on my way, but I am struggling. It is SO much harder this time, I don't know if its because my body is different now, or I just don't have the time like I did before, but I am determined to do this again.
I also just signed up for a 5k walk/run in October 2009 and am also training for a 1/2 marathon in October 2010.
I am so excited to find this site and use all the helpful tips, receipes and Ideas from others who are going through the same things!!

Replies

• chopsticks
    chopsticks Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    well good luck! most ppl here are super friendly and i love this site...it's just one day at a time.
  • lcosta1
    lcosta1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    At least you had some progress. I joined last April, 08 but didn't get anywhere. So I stopped my diet and exercise program. I've finally decided to start again, too. Hope I have some progress this time.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    welcome back. :flowerforyou:
  • Tylersmomma
    Options
    thanks, I'm excited about this site and all the support and good ideas I have found so far.!!
  • Tylersmomma
    Options
    thanks, I'm excited about this site and all the support and good ideas I have found so far.!!