Day One

Options
Ok - here goes...
Hi - my name is Jen and I'm ready to shed the lbs and get healthy. A friend recommended this site to me and it looks great. My plan now is to maintain a low cal diet (healthy) and start P90x tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the summer I will see a whole new me. I can't wait!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Way to go - you'll do great - welcome
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • jen1991
    jen1991 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck Jen - I am really liking this site. It's my first attempt at messaging anyone. I don't reply often but love to read everyone's input. I find I log on all the time at work to get me through the work day.

drink that water:drinker: :drinker: :happy:

Donna
  • arashton
    arashton Posts: 15
    Options
    I would like to know how that P90X goes. I've seen it around and my neighbor has it. Being able to do chin-ups would be AWESOME! But that's a ways away =) Good luck! I joined today and am thrilled already about the changes that are to come :happy:
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Jen - You will LOVE P90X, I'm on my 2nd week of it! Don't forget to do the fit test before you start so you'll know where at it, and so you'll see your results when your done. Good luck!
  • jen1991
    Options
    Thank you I will let you know how it is. I'm kind of scared but am ready. I get it tomorrow so for today I just did 20 min on the elliptical after I did Hip Hop Abs. I can really feel it. Never knew how hard a push up was. I also never new that I really can't do them any more. Guess all that will change!
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Jen - When you start P90X, just remember to keep going, keep pushing play. There will probably be many exercises that you may on only be able to do a few reps of, when their doing like 25 reps. Just do what you can, push pause-take breaks, and then jump back in. The very first DVD you'll do (if you're doing the classic version) is Chest and Back, which is 1 hour of mostly push ups and pull ups. Like you were saying about having a hard time with the push ups, do as many as you can on your toes, and then go to your knees. There's no shame in that, just keep your good form and you'll build the strength, and over time you'll notice you'll start to do more on your toes, less on your knees. And as far the pull ups, I know you're probably thinking you can't do a pull up, well thats ok. I can't either...yet. When you're doing the pull ups, use a chair to assist you, they'll show on the DVDs, and you do that, and I guarantee at the end of the 90 days if you've been pushing it and working hard, you're going to be VERY surprised at what you will be able to do, and you're going to love it!!
  • jen1991
    Options
    Thank you glitchgirl006! I read the book that came with it last night. Want to do the test tonight. :smile: I think I am going to do the classic version.
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Awesome Jen. I do the Classic Version, you'll love it! Get ready to be a push up machine! :happy: And you're love Kempo. Time flies by, and before you know it it's been an hour and your dripping with sweat. LOVE IT!!! Very excited for you!
  • jen1991
    Options
    Did the test...I passed all but two things. I could not do a pull up. My 14 year old son was laughing so hard. He just kept saying "I think you should try again Mom." Then he would laugh harder. I also had a hard time with the 2 min of Jumping Jacks. The "girls" and the bladder did not like what I was doing. I did 1:30 and had to stop. :frown:

Well...I think I'm just going to have to give it a try. I will start tomorrow.
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Hey Jen,
    Just seeing how P90X is coming along? And don't worry about the not being able to do a pull up... I still can't do one either:grumble: Hoping that will change at the end of 90 days.:happy:
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: welcome
  • rkwestfall
    rkwestfall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi yall

My name is Renee. I have used online fitness trackers b4 but i think i like this one better than the ones i have used in the past. I am happy to get back into it for the summer b4 i start my last semester in RN school. Usually in the summer i lose almost 10 lbs and i hope to dod it again... but it seems to get harder and harder. I look forward to meeting new people during this and enjoy the help and support from others!! Talk to u soon!

Renee:happy:
  • glitchgirl006
    Options
    Welcome aboard Renee and MissVitaVonCherry!
    Renee! Congrats on just one more semester of RN school!
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    Thats funny what you said about the girls and the bladder ... I have the same problem when i jump for longer than one minute! haha! Good Luck with P90X i want to try it someday.
  • DebKessler
    Options
    Hello all, my first day. I love this website. It is awesome. I need some love and encouragement to stay focused. I have 69 lbs. to lose but I set myself a mini goal of 29lbs. Here's to us all!