Replies

• Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    NO ONE?? :huh:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Waste of time and money, IMO. Your colon cleanses itself perfectly well every day. :)
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    As above- there is less than no value in colonic irrigation. There is no 'build up' or whatever to 'cleanse', your body does that itself very effectively. All it can and will do is remove the 'good bacteria' from your colon putting you more at risk of bowel infections, and risk bowel perforation.

Oh, and be gross, undignified and expensive.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I would like it, but I refuse to spend the money on it

I like the 'empty' feeling!
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would probably do it... if the price was right. I would be a bit scared of any bad side effects though. So anyone that's thinking about it, make sure you do your homework and go to a reputable place where they know what they are doing.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    ...the ****?

I'm a no.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Why would you?

According to Chau Che MD, with New York University:

"Despite evidence to the contrary, the idea that colon cleansing is therapeutic by removing impurities, lives on. However, these claims largely fail to consider normal physiology. The digestive tract has inherent properties that work to clean our colon. After food ingestion, the small intestine absorbs nutrients and contracts to move indigestible residue into the colon. The colon continues the digestive process by absorbing and secreting electrolytes and fluids while its resident bacteria ferments the undigested food products. These are just some of the many mechanisms in which the digestive tract works in order to ensure that the colon does not become encrusted with fecal matter as some products claim. The black, rubbery material passed on a colon cleanse is actually a byproduct from the supplements and fiber in the colon cleansing product as opposed to old fecal material, in which consumers are led to believe."

http://www.clinicalcorrelations.org/?p=1605
    Reviewed by Michael Poles MD and Fritz Francois MD, NYU Division of Gastroenterology
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Sorry but that's an exit only. Nothing is going up in there unless there is an actual medical reason for it (colonoscopy, etc).
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I do this frequently in the form of Taco Bell.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to risk having your colon perforated I say, "knock yourself out!" (or more accurately "blow your bowel out!")
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

Soft shell, I hope.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    A bout of food poisoning is a great way to do it, it's also much cheaper. Just buy some pork or chicken that is gone off.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Soft shell, I hope.
    You lose the scrubbing action with the soft shell. Hard shell, every time.
  • Meli_Mcfly
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHA! I about fell off my chair from laughing!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • lozfisher
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I cannot promote this enough. I have one every 3-6 months and it helps me massively with my IBS and generally just makes me feel better. More energy, food digests better and because I've spent the money it's easier to kerp myself in check with bad food as why fill yourself up on crap when you've just paid £50 to get rid of it!!!!!!!
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Yes I have had 1, its juss a small tube of warm water goin in your bowels cleaning them out...Its about $50...no biggy, try it!