Back and Forth

Options
I have been back and Forth from 158 to 162 for several weeks. I am so frustrated with myself because it appears that my body can not get into the weight lost mode. I had surgery about three weeks ago, so my exercising has decreased significantly. Prior to surgery, I was walking at least 3 miles 5 times a week and I was seeing the same result. I never thought that it would be so hard to lose 12lbs since I had lost 50lbs a few years ago. Today, it was very hard to report that I was up 4lbs but I have to face the music. I am determined not to give up but I must admit that I am FRUSTRATED!!!! I am hoping to see some consistent weight loss!!!

Replies

• Kamille84
    Kamille84 Posts: 32
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have been trying to get rid of 10 lbs for almost a year now, and one week I will lose any where from 2-4 lbs and the next week I will have gained it all back! I haven't stepped on the scale for a couple of weeks now because I get so frustrated when I see the scale hasn't dropped or I've gained back the pounds that I lost the week before. I've been using MFP for about a month now and I think it has helped me stay on track...just remember you're not alone and keep up the good work! 50 lbs is a huge deal. Congrats!
  • sonjaseay
    sonjaseay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If you are eating the right amount of calories and doing some exercising (if allowed....I've had two surgeries and I wasn't allowed to exercise until well past three weeks after either of them), then you may want to talk to your doctor. I know I take a long time to recover after surgery. So perhaps right now you can just focus on eating good, nutritionally sound foods within your calories allowances. And just don't worry about the scale for now. Mostly, just don't push yourself. Three weeks after surgery seems too soon to be exercising, but then again, I'm not a doctor. Take care.....and you'll do it!!!
  • kagimi
    kagimi Posts: 2
    Options
    hang in there, remember this is a life style change for the rest of your life. Don't give up.