going nowhere fast :(

Options
I have cut down my calories to 1200 for quite sometime now - im going to say about 3 mths and just recently cut them down to 1100 - i do cardio and toning 3 times a week depending on my schedule - i have yet to loose 1lb - it is absolutely frustrating beyon control!! - can anyone give me any insight !! :(

Replies

• penniepie
    penniepie Posts: 37
    Options
    I have cut down my calories to 1200 for quite sometime now - im going to say about 3 mths and just recently cut them down to 1100 - i do cardio and toning 3 times a week depending on my schedule - i have yet to loose 1lb - it is absolutely frustrating beyon control!! - can anyone give me any insight !! :(
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I don't think you need to cut back on your calories. Do you eat all of you exercise calories?
  • motheroftwoboys
    Options
    I don't think you need to cut back on your calories. Do you eat all of you exercise calories?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I would try upping your calories and reading some of the past posts on the possible consequenses of severely limiting calories.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    When you log your exercise, you will see that your daily calories intake increases. You need to eat more!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I agree I don't think cutting back on the calories is what you need (many posts on calories needed vs working out etc....eating calories burned yadda yadda yadda)

Not knowing much else other than the scale not moving? Are you eating the right foods per calorie intake? Are you getting your water? There is a lot to take into consideration...

you will find your nich and things will start working in your favor...being here is a great way to start.

dd
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    You sound like me. I cant loose weight on this site either. I dont think this site is for me. I am giving it till May 4 if I dont see any change so to say but I am going to stop this site. I am going to still work out and eat healthy but I am not going to count calories. I am going to look for something else.
  • penniepie
    Options
    well i did loose about 10 lbs since the summer - when i first cut down to 1200 - but other than that its been stuck at 140lb for mths and mths - im drinking a tonne of water and eating my balanced diet - eesh!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    The question I have to ask is are you eating 1200 calories or less because this site tells you to or because you've decided to do that?

The proven practice is to eat to the calorie level given to you by the site when you entered your statistics based on your activity level -- that's before exercising. If you eat to that level you're doing the healthy thing. Now if you exercise you burn off calories and the practice here is not to eat to the level of the calories "earned" through exercise unless you just want to maintain your weight at its current level.

If you're doing all the right things and none of what I've written applies to your situation then the next question is are you building muscle and losing fat? If you're seeing a difference in your physique but you're not seeing a change on the scales then it's possible that you're losing fat but replacing it with denser muscle.

Before you give up please consult either your doctor or a nutritionist to see if there's something else that could be happening with you that you may not be aware of that they can help you through this. I say this because my wife was in the same boat for two years and it wasn't until she had a complete physical that it was discovered she had very high cholesterol. Since she's been put on a statin she's been losing weight regularly and hasn't changed a thing except replaced her Special K with Oatmeal.

Hope this helps. Bob
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    well i did loose about 10 lbs since the summer - when i first cut down to 1200 - but other than that its been stuck at 140lb for mths and mths - im drinking a tonne of water and eating my balanced diet - eesh!!

How tall are you? Could you be at your "happy weight"? Check out the link on Self Magazine. I'm at my happy weight and am having a hard time making it budge below that. Here's the link.

http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles/2008/01/0121_happyweight
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options

How tall are you? Could you be at your "happy weight"? Check out the link on Self Magazine. I'm at my happy weight and am having a hard time making it budge below that. Here's the link.

http://www.self.com/livingwell/articles/2008/01/0121_happyweight
  • penniepie
    Options
    my happy weight it says is 144 - but im 140 and not happy! _ LOL
  • penniepie
    Options
    Im 5'8'' btw
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8'' btw

I'm 5'2" and at 140 I look damn good. I was there before, but i'm not there now! LOL! 47 lbs to go!