calorie burn app for Kindle Fire?

Options
I know there are a bunch out there for phones, but does anyone know of one on the Kindle?

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of thing you're looking for? Could you give us a 'for instance', or more of a description of what you want it to do?
  • pixiexxgirl
    Options
    I thought the kindle was only an E reader and a music player?
  • thewingnut13
    thewingnut13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i use the my fitness pal app for the fire
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    The Kindle fire is a tablet type device. I use the myfitnesspal app for my Kindle Fire (I actually got the app before going on the website).
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use the app on my phone and on my fire.
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do you get more of a burn when you use the app on the Fire?
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Do you get more of a burn when you use the app on the Fire?

HAH! :D
  • plethorax
    plethorax Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one - I think the Fire is one of those devices in which the accelerometer/g-sensor shuts off when the device is asleep, so it wouldn't be able to keep track of your steps/movement/BMR unless it was lit up all day. Still, a Fire and several fitbits is still cheaper than an iPhone...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Did you mean something more like a tracker, though, like endomondo or mapmyrun?
  • cricket_0408
    cricket_0408 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    something that tracks how many calories you burn when you're working out is what I meant. I do MFP on my fire and on the laptop.
  • cricket_0408
    cricket_0408 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I haven't found one - I think the Fire is one of those devices in which the accelerometer/g-sensor shuts off when the device is asleep, so it wouldn't be able to keep track of your steps/movement/BMR unless it was lit up all day. Still, a Fire and several fitbits is still cheaper than an iPhone...

You're right about it shutting off when its asleep, so it makes sense that it wouldn't be able to have an app that counted that stuff. What is a fitbit?