Zumba Shoes

Options
All you Zumba folks out there....I have always been a die hard Asics fan. I tend to overprotonate so I usually wear their running shoes for the stabilization. I just started Zumba and I love it ut my feet are killing me! I end up taking off my shoes halfway through which is not good for the knees. Any suggestions on footwear from those of you who have been Zumbaing a while? Thanks!!

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I wear my New Balance cross trainers and don't have any problems...
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    hi there, i found dance shoes were the best for Zumba - unsure of what they are actually called though but I do know they were shoes for dancing.
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wear cross trainers. I have a nike pair and I think my other pair are called ryka? I was a die hard asics running shoe fan as well, but since they are made for running and not lateral movement the way cross trainers are they were killing my feet for zumba and boxing. The cross trainers are much lighter weight.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree dance shoes would work- Jazz sneakers would be my recommendation. I wear cross trainers and find them good because they are springy and allow for a lot of movement, and my feet never get sore. Only problem is I have to be careful because sometimes I start to roll over on my ankle because the soles are too flexible.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I have the hot pink and grey Reebok's for dancing I don't remember the name but they are great for that. I keep my Asic's for the gym and running.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have Bloch dance shoes. Asics makes a dance shoe called Naomi I think. You might check it out. Also, some of their cross trainers might work well, but not the Upshot. When I started Zumba I wore my Asics running shoes too. My feet didn't hurt, but doing the turns put torsion on my knees and ankles and that hurt! Good luck!
  • IndigoVA
    IndigoVA Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I wear Brooks Adrenaline running shoes, because I also overpronate, and I've never had a problem doing Zumba in them. However, I think you're technically supposed to wear dance shoes.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Before you get new shoes you should try different socks. I have nike air and when I wear certain ankle socks, my feet burn and my pinkie toes get numb. Try the socks that support your arch and are a bit thinner....they work for me. Another possibility could be to go a Zumba website where they sell their dance shoes.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to wear my regular walking/running shoes, but found that they would "grab" the floor during the pivots/turns, which was bothering my knees. I got the Ryka Women's Studio D:http://www.amazon.com/Ryka-Womens-Studio-Training-Granite/dp/B0012LJMPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328309445&sr=8-1

They have a pivot point on the sole. I really like them, although they are not very "cushiony" as far as impact, but in Zumba, the jumping is minimal.

Good Luck!
  • kelpharm
    kelpharm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!