Subway White Choc. Macadaian Nut cookies

Options
I will no longer eat anymore of those cookies again or at least while on this diet. THEY ARE THE DEVIL!!! Just 2 cookies are 440 Cal. Thats almost 100 Cal MORE than my 6" Sub!!!

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Their cookies aren't even that big, so I am quite surprised they are so high in cals! :O
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    When I was on Weight Watchers years ago (pre Points+ program) and using the old points system, I used to go to Subway on Fridays, get a Veggie Delite salad with FF italian dressing and 3 chocolate chip cookies. Because the salad was 0 points and the cookies were 7 points (which is usually what I used on a meal). Some may say that was cheating, but I was still in points range for the day and losing weight!

But I know what you mean - was there yesterday and they were fresh out of the oven - was soooo tempted but I resisted :)

They are the best!!!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Evil Cookies!!! I can think of so much more to eat for 440 calories!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Macadamia nuts are really high in calories.

When i went to Hawaii once we ate them like crazy, all different flavors. They were so good until we found out how many calories they had.
  • crampt
    crampt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I used to work there. That was tough. Now I work at Tim Hortons. The timbits and doughnuts are worse, i think. Lucky i don't like doughnuts. O_O
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I dunno ... on the right day, a slowly nibbled cookie like that is well worth 30 elliptical minutes.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    I dunno ... on the right day, a slowly nibbled cookie like that is well worth 30 elliptical minutes.

SLOWLY NIBBLED COOKIE??? bahahahahahahaha
  • trill0042
    trill0042 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mmmm.....cookies. *runs off to Subway*
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just had one of those today and nearly choked when I entered it. It was quite tasty though. Fortunately I stopped at one, now I can eat dinner. :-P
  • caroldot
    Options

slowly nibbled? I've never slowly nibbled a cookie! :laugh:
  • caroldot
    Options
    I used to work there. That was tough. Now I work at Tim Hortons. The timbits and doughnuts are worse, i think. Lucky i don't like doughnuts. O_O

i didn't know it was possible to not like donuts! Wish I could say that :)
  • littlelily613
    Options
    Macadamia nuts are really high in calories.

When i went to Hawaii once we ate them like crazy, all different flavors. They were so good until we found out how many calories they had.

I actually WOULD eat the nuts, but only in moderation. By the amount of nuts they actually put in those cookies, I would guess that at least half if not more of the calories are coming from the rest of the cookie. Nuts are healthy and nutritious and a good source of protein provided that they are only eaten one serving at a time (and not encassed with a delicious yet no-so-good-for-you chocolatey batter).
  • littlelily613
    Options

SLOWLY NIBBLED COOKIE??? bahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahaha! :laugh:

Seriously though, there is a point that on OCCASION it doesn't have to be a bad thing, provided you keep the rest of the day's cals in check and don't make a habit out of it. Lucky for me, though, whenever I go to Subway--no matter how delicious I think their chocolate chunk cookies are--I would MUCH rather have the sub. Which apparently is a good thing since those cookies are not as innocent as they might appear!