Going Out to Dinner & Only have 439 Calories Left- Ideas???

Options
So, my husband just called and would like to go out tonight. The problem is that I only have 439 calories left for the day. :( Any suggestions of where I could go and what I could order for only 439 calories?

Replies

• kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    The Applebee's Paradise Chicken Salad is pretty good.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Could you get in quick workout before or after dinner to add in a few calories to play with?

Panera's has a sandwich and bean soup combo that isn't tooo bad on calories, if I remember correctly.

Or ask for a salad with the bad stuff taken away, no matter where you end up. Think grilled protein, not fried, vinegar based dressing on the side, no cheese, etc.
  • Schupbacha
    Schupbacha Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thats going to be a tough one. I would try something like applebee's that has the lower calorie entrees. you may go over but just barely. If you do remember its only one day.
  • courtneybromstad
    Options
    Check out the lighter choices menu at boston pizza... I really like the chicken stromboli there that comes with a side of salad (YUM). They have their calories written online AND in restaurant.
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    soup, or go online to the restraunts website and check to see if they have a nutritional contents page....
  • onehotgirl
    Options
    japenese > sushi
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    So, my husband just called and would like to go out tonight. The problem is that I only have 439 calories left for the day. :( Any suggestions of where I could go and what I could order for only 439 calories?

Thats still a very easy thing to do with 439 calories..

But, you need to decide where you guys are going out to dinner and determining whether or not they have any NI available. Or, if it is a chain, go to www.calorieking.com and look it up there.

I can create a meal with leftovers on 439 calories... so its definitely an easy thing to do.... but the effort is up to you to make...
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Chili's chicken fajitas are 360 (maybe 380?) calories for the chicken, peppers and onions. I just eat it that way with my fork and not the tortillas, cheese, etc. Super yummy!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Eat less tomorrow!
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Go get in a little exercise, then go get one of the "Under 550 Calorie meals" at Applebee's. Stick with water or unsweetened iced tea for your drink. If you can't get in any exercise, 100 calories or so extra for one day won't hurt. You will still be in an over all caloric deficeit.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Outback - this is what I get - no seasoning, no butter, as dry as possible

Total Meal - Grilled Chicken On The Barbie & Fresh Seasonal Mixed Veggies
    Nutritional Facts*
    Calories 401 cal
    Carbohydrates 21 g
    Dietary Fiber 7 g
    Total Fat 7 g
    Saturated Fat 2 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Protein 60 g
    Cholesterol 142 mg
    Sodium 1045 mg
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat out often I would enjoy myself. Go over, but eat healthy :) Workout extra tomorrow!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Filet mignon and green veggies Dee-lish and low cal
  • mdebbie1026
    mdebbie1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting a workout either before or after you eat. Still stick with as healthy a choice as you can. Salmon?
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I would personally eat what I wanted to within reason and then exercise harder tomorrow.
  • Brilliantbritt27
    Options
    Olive garden has several options that are less than 500 calories. You could ask a host for the nutrition menu and give it a browse. Enjoy the salad without dressing and a entree. The venitian apricot chicken would be a perfect suggestion.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    The gym.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Order what you want, making health conscious choices ( lean meats, not fried, sauce/dressings on the side) and immediately ask for a take out box and out half away right off the bat. So you can order a 600-700 calorie entree and walk out having eaten only 300-400 calories.

Start with a side salad or non-cream soup. Drink water not wine or treat yourself to *gasp* a diet pop :P.

If you go over a little bit, don't stress. Just make healthier choice and do the best you can. I wish I could plan for every even that might come up, but some times we need to improvise.

Good luck, relax and enjoy :)
  • Mandimac81
    Mandimac81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I order what looks good and ask the waiter to bring a box with the food. I cut everything in half and, voila, without eating the whole plate I'm full and cut half the calories out. Then I know what is going to be for lunch tomorrow!)