Don't know where I'm losing it from!

Options
I'm a little frustrated and I know I shouldn't be. I've lost nearly 6 pounds in a month, which is awesome! I'm soooo not complaining about that. What I'm frustrated with is the fact that I can't tell where I'm losing it from. I don't feel like I look any different. My clothes fit the same. Where did I lose 6 pounds from??? I have this completely irrational fear that I'm going to hit my goal weight and still be having to wear the same clothes!

*vent over*

Replies

• fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    im EXACTLY the same, recently i've gone under 140 (lightest in my adult life!) but i can't see it anywhere haha.
    BUT i do feel so much better in myself, healthier, more energetic, so i'm counting that as my reward :)
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Haha, I know how you feel. It's my fear too! I didn't start seeing my loss until I reached about 10 to 13 pounds. I'm at 18 now and I haven't seen a difference since 10-13! My boyfriend and everyone else sees it, but not me! I guess I have unrealistic goals of what I should look like minus 18 pounds. lol We also don't recognize the little changes like that, I'm sure you and I both with be wearing different clothes when we reach our goal weights. :happy:
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Same problem here which is why I took measuremetns at my last weight in. Numbers don't lie!
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I dropped 25 lbs from 150 to 125, dropped from a size 12 to a size 4-6, and I couldn't tell the difference! Only when I gained it back I felt the difference...so here I am again, lost about 6 lbs in one month, and like you, see no difference. I won't stop until I reach 125lbs and this time, regardless of what I feel like, I will get some nice pictures taken with my size 4 jeans and a cute top so I can remind myself how great I look! good luck:)
  • mwill757
    Options
    You are not alone...I am feeling the same way...I have lost 7lbs so far....but the good side is I do feel better and have more energy.
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago, I dropped 25 lbs from 150 to 125, dropped from a size 12 to a size 4-6, and I couldn't tell the difference! Only when I gained it back I felt the difference...so here I am again, lost about 6 lbs in one month, and like you, see no difference. I won't stop until I reach 125lbs and this time, regardless of what I feel like, I will get some nice pictures taken with my size 4 jeans and a cute top so I can remind myself how great I look! good luck:)

125 is my goal too!
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    You need to take pictures, I do every two weeks. It is hard for us to see ourselves different because our brains normally are still behind and see us as heavy still. It took me almost a year before my brain caught up that I lost 100lbs. So take pics and measurements it helps a ton.