Serious peanut butter addiction.

Options

Replies

• ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    OR GO TO EBAY . I BOUGHT ON EBAY AND PAID NO SHIPPING

I've never heard of PB2. Is this available at the grocery store??

Don't know, go to their site and look for retailers. I buy it from Amazon. There is also another company that makes it. You will have to google powdered peanut butter to find them

I don't know how much it costs or the shipping on amazon but if you want to get a pretty good price netrition.com has a flat 4.95 shipping charge!

just checked and I think its cheaper too (but amazon probably changes.)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    check your local health food stores. i know a few by my carry it
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter almost daily. As long as it fits into your macros I don't see a problem with it at all. Natural peanut butter of course being a little better for you. Somebody else mentioned PB2 which is a great supplement for peanut butter. You can actually mix PB2 with real peanut butter as well.
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    I have been loosing 1-2lbs every week consistently and I eat Peanut butter every. single. day. 1Tbs on toast. I count it like everything else. It's good fat. Don't think of it in the same category as say cheesecake. It's not.
  • Aphreal
    Aphreal Posts: 103
    Options
    amen!

Eat some. Every day. Allow for it in your calories and measure it. I eat 1 tablespoon except on days when I need more calories and fats, in which case I have another tablespoon.

If you stop depriving yourself of it, the fixation may go away. If you can't moderate it after a period of allowing yourself to have some, then that's a different issue.
  • I'm also addicted to peanut butter (with sliced bananas, sliced apples, and honey YUM). As long as it fits into my macro, it's fine for me.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I ran 10 miles the other day then ate 1/2 cup of PB (700+ wonderful calories!) I work out hard in order to enjoy it guilt free.
  • dominarrygel
    Options
    Walden Farms has a zero calorie peanut spread- it doesnt have a very good rep. but I like it. Its somewhat thick and the taste is 100% peanut but you can have LOTS and not feel guilty:D Its worth the 5$ to try at least!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    peanut butter multigrain cheerios...seriously good and only 110 calories/serving

These are really good. I would never give up my peanut butter....just had to learn some self control.
  • aircantu1
    aircantu1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way- Peanut Butter out of the jar, by the tablespoonful. Know what solved it? Having a baby who turned out to be allergic to peanuts!! Now, I eat Sunbutter (made from sunflower seeds). Yum.

Yep. That solved it here too.
  • GoStaceyGo
    GoStaceyGo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter! I get teddies all natural with flaxseed in it. It's so yummy, I just let myself have no more than a tablespoon a day. 2 tablespoons on occasion. Love love!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options

Don't know, go to their site and look for retailers. I buy it from Amazon. There is also another company that makes it. You will have to google powdered peanut butter to find them

I don't know how much it costs or the shipping on amazon but if you want to get a pretty good price netrition.com has a flat 4.95 shipping charge!

just checked and I think its cheaper too (but amazon probably changes.)

thank you
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I live in the midwest and I see that HyVee carries PB2 products. Plus a few random health food stores in our area.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    people that don't like peanut butter are goddamn communists and can just go back to russia.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Haha, you're silly. Peanut butter is really only an American thing though, from what I have heard. I don't think it's very popular anywhere else in the world besides here, with the general public anyway. Which is absurd and why America once again comes out on top. ;)
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Fellow peanut butter addicts unite :-). Im an addict too.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Haha, you're silly. Peanut butter is really only an American thing though, from what I have heard. I don't think it's very popular anywhere else in the world besides here, with the general public anyway. Which is absurd and why America once again comes out on top. ;)
    This is 100%FALSE. Im from South Africa and im an addict, so is my sister and many other people i know.
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with having peanut butter ... it is actually healthier for you than you might think. I have peanut butter pretty regularly - not everyday but almost and I've lost almost 40 lbs. since August.

I actually have my own running website titled Ten Gallon Shoes: Texas Running (http://tengallonshoes.weebly.com) and one of my latest entries actually discusses peanut butter so maybe you'd like to read it! You can find it here: http://tengallonshoes.weebly.com/nutrition.html
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So I completely!!! understand. As in.. less than five minutes ago I just ate my last spoonful of peanut butter. I eat it insanely by getting spoonfuls into a small bowl and a glass of milk and that could be my dessert, my snack, or as tonight.. didn't eat dinner. No.. I'm not obese from peanut butter.. Exercise daily and I eat pretty well aside from that.. but from what I've read in other comments on this topic... simply not having it in possession or simply in eyesight can sometimes be the only way. Out of sight, out of mind. (somewhat) Just discipline yourself.... (as I have to get onto myself the same way) ... to go take a jog, exercise, read, drink a glass of water... anything other than the unnecessary spoonful or spread.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    PB is the one food I will NEVER give up.