Soda Free!!!!!

Options
:blushing: I have officially been SODA FREE :love: for 1 month!!

Not one slip up!!!

I use to stop at QT EVERY MORNING to grab a 32 oz Pepsi.....than again with my dinner..

I went completely cold turkey and haven't looked back since!!!!!

I feel soooo much better with drinking water..i don't fell alll bloated (yuck) and i'm not putting all those calories and sugars into my body!!

It was hard...there were many mornings that i told myself...its ok..go ahead and have one...you worked out this morning...you deserve it! but my body does NOT deserve that kind of treatment! There is NOTHING nutritional about a soda...but is sure taste delicious :drinker:

Anyway, I'm rambling...just giving myself a pat on the back for achieving this goal of mine.

BABY STEPS!!! :heart:

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I am taking even baby-er steps with my soda-free self...I switched to Sprite zero which has, well, zero everything, plus no caffeine. I used to get caffeine-withdrawal headaches...no more! Sometimes I just need the burn! haha
  • SoccerMom24
    Options
    Good for you!! I gave it up over a year ago and I don't miss it at all now.
  • beerwidow
    beerwidow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yeah!
    I've been soda free since 2002. I used to be a big diet Coke/Pepsi junkie. I found the first few months difficult because there are not a lot of drink options at many places if you don't drink soda and I missed that acidic/bubble taste that came from the soda. Now, after so long without soda, I really dislike it and wonder how I could drink so much of it. I'm now a big iced tea fan (unsweetened, of course!).

If you need some additional motivation, there are some of the water vs. coke items:
    1. Clean a toilet with Coke. Truth! According to www.howtocleananything.com, the popular household hint guru Mary Ellen says some coke in the toilet for an hour can do the trick.
    2. Remove stains from vitreous china. Truth! According to columnist Heloise.
    3. Use Coke and a ball of aluminum foil for rust on chrome. Truth! According to Joey Greene's www.wackyuses.com
    4. Clean corrosion from car battery terminals. Truth! This is true of a lot of carbonated beverages.
    5. Use a Coke-soaked cloth to loosen a rusted bolt. Truth! According to Mary Ellen.
    6. Use a can of Coke in a load of greasy laundry. Truth! According to Mary Ellen.

Again, Congrats!
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Way to go! What can you tell me about Diet Soda? You hear horror stories about that too!
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow!! Those are some great truths!!

Thanks for the support guys!

I don't even miss it.....I love this website!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo! That's great. It's still a small weakness of mine; however, I don't know that I will ever completely give it up. I went from drinking at least a 2 litre a day to now, maybe a 20 - 32 oz. 2 - 3 times a week. I do drink diet which I have read recently isn't so good for you. I hardly drink anything but my morning coffee and water now. I feel great! I seem to have more energy and don't feel bloated and swollen all the time.

210557.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    I walked away from Diet Pepsi on the Thursday before Memorial Day weekend, and I too feel better.

I'm working to cut artificial sweeteners out of my life, and I've noticed a difference in my appetite and my sugar cravings. I've read articles that say some research indicates that aspartame can actually increase your appetite. I don't know if its the power of suggestion or not, but I definitely noticed a difference.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!