Going to Houston Texas any ideas

Options
My hubby and I are going to be spending 4 days in Houston Texas. Just wondering does anyone know of a few good resturants that allow casual dress with really good food. Also if you know of any really good or cool places to go sight seeing let me know. We will also have our son with us. we don't really want to go to any water parks.

These might be some of the places that we could see:
Art car museum
Nasa space center
Battleship of Texas
Downtown aquarium
Houston fire museum
Holocaust Museum
National museum of Funeral History

Replies

• jadadesigns
    Options
    I live about 70 miles from H town..Kemah boardwalk is a great spot to go to and is grat for children..The galleria is a must if you like shopping!And the ocean isn't too far..Hope you enjoy your visit.Don't know how old you child is,but My kids liked to always go to the space center.It's fun for adults as well.Hope you enjoy your visit.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You have to make a trip to san antonio and eat at chacho's mexican resturaunt! Its the best mexican food you'll ever have.... No joke, try it.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    The Natural History Museum is nice - last summer they had a really neat butterfly exhibit, but I don't know if it's permanent.
    We had lots of delicious meals - just watch out for the 'taters & gravy!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Not sure how sight seeing you're wanting to do but I'd look into the CityPass. For $39 it includes:
    Space Center Houston
    Downtown Aquarium
    Houston Museum of Natural Science
    Houston Zoo
    Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
    OR
    The Children's Museum of Houston
    George Ranch Historical Park
    OR
    The Health Museum

If you're spending more than just a day or two, it's totally worth it. Details: http://www.citypass.com/city/houston.html
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    You have to make a trip to san antonio and eat at chacho's mexican resturaunt! Its the best mexican food you'll ever have.... No joke, try it.

:laugh: Next time go to a REAL hole-in-the-wall Mexican food place in San Antonio. THAT will be the best Mexican food you'll ever have. Promise.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    I would like to thank everyone for their suggestions.