8 miles walk

Options
Shanta1983
Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
I did it Mfp, I walk 4 miles from my house it took me 75 mins and I walked 4 miles back it took 87 mins. Oh Boy I came home and soaked in epsom salt, The back of me heals was bleeding when I got home ouch:frown: :huh: . I did some first aide, But it didnt hurt just sting with the peroxide. I feel great , I cant believe I finally did it. Last time I only did 4 miles.:drinker: :drinker:

And also
You quit smoking on Saturday, June 13, 2009, at 11:00pm.
As of Monday, June 15, 2009, at 12:20pm, You had quit smoking for 1 day, 13 hours, 20 minutes, 15 seconds. The number of cigarettes You had not smoked since quitting was 31 and the money saved was $7.36. hooooorrrray

Replies

• dbg1
    dbg1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Good for you! Now set up a more practical routine so you don't get injured again. Injuries are you body's way of saying "HEY, TAKE IT EASY. WE'RE NOT READY FOR THIS. START SLOWER AND WE'LL BE THERE FOR YOU"
  • Luludog1
    Luludog1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Nice work. Keep it up, but I do agree with dbg1...maybe you pushed to hard if your feet are bleeding that much.
    BTW, congrats on quiting smoking!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • apeninhand4life
    apeninhand4life Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey congrats on the 8 miles ... just a thought since your feet were hurting so much after 8 miles.. instead of doing 8 miles try doing 5 but wit a backpack on.. if you add about 30 or so lbs you will actualy burn more callories walking 5 miles then doing a longer walk with no added weight..

in the army we have to do ruck marches with 40 lbs on our backs and trust me you feel the burn more then when i do a walk wiht my wife.... and your feet wont hurt as much

also if you do try it and get used to it try adding in periods of slow jogging.. what i do is go for a 4 mile march with 40lbs on .. 2 miles out and 2 back.. as im walking i count the lightpoles i pass. every 5 - 10 poles i pass i jogg for 2-3 poles just to up the heart rate.. my feet dont hurt and i truely feel the burn ...
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Sometimes a little pain is worth it eh?

Congrats on quitting smoking too!:flowerforyou:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That is great mama! Great job, pain is gain I guess! Good job on quitting smoking!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I did it Mfp, I walk 4 miles from my house it took me 75 mins and I walked 4 miles back it took 87 mins. Oh Boy I came home and soaked in epsom salt, The back of me heals was bleeding when I got home ouch:frown: :huh: . I did some first aide, But it didnt hurt just sting with the peroxide. I feel great , I cant believe I finally did it. Last time I only did 4 miles.:drinker: :drinker:

And also
    You quit smoking on Saturday, June 13, 2009, at 11:00pm.
    As of Monday, June 15, 2009, at 12:20pm, You had quit smoking for 1 day, 13 hours, 20 minutes, 15 seconds. The number of cigarettes You had not smoked since quitting was 31 and the money saved was $7.36. hooooorrrray

Congrats on quitting smoking! After tomorrow everything gets a lot easier! Look forward to better taste, smell, and a bigger lung capacity in the next few days/weeks. I'm still amazed at how much better I can smell things now.. every little odor - good and bad. :laugh: I also noticed I'm eating slower because I can really taste my food, and it tastes fantastic.

Take it easy on your feet. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    way to go but do listen to your body! allow some rest and healing time too
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Thanks you guys fo all your great advice. Actually I did have on a back pack, but It was no where near 40lbs though, Thats agood idea, because at first I was thinking about geting a weight vest, And boy those things are hella expensive but hey...
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Stretch !!!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You are just kicking *kitten*....GREAT JOB!!

You certainly motivate me :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You are just good news across the board! WTG, lady! :drinker:
  • BOOPIS67
    BOOPIS67 Posts: 19
    Options
    CONGRATS... and if you live in Atlanta,Ga try Stone Mountain Park and climb the mountain..
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    With the money you save on the cigs you will be able to buy a new vest in about 20 days
    Congrats on the walk! Take care of those heels you don't want to get an infection:flowerforyou:
    Thanks you guys fo all your great advice. Actually I did have on a back pack, but It was no where near 40lbs though, Thats agood idea, because at first I was thinking about geting a weight vest, And boy those things are hella expensive but hey...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!