30 Day Shred - Calories?

Options
Hey,

I'm doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I was just wonder to those who have done or are doing it how they log it. I've been putting 20min. cardio at 130 calories. Is this too high, too low? What are you doing?

Thanks!

Replies

• pinkprincessmama
    pinkprincessmama Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 of level 2 today. I wear a HRM and logged it as 26 min and 272 cals burned! I think a lot depends on your current size though. For reference, I'm 5'8" and 150 lbs.
  • miss_heatherx3
    Options
    i just got this off my friend. i have yet to try it though. i am too addicted to kickboxing. my weight loss dr said to work out for a half hour atleast 4 days a week. & when he says work out he means something that gets your heart rate up like cardio. my opinion... do as much as you can without overdoing it. i push myself to the limit where it's i either stop & chill or fall over lol but that's just me :p i def wanna try this though.
  • calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It is going to be completely different for everyone, and for most people it's even different each time. I've gotten anywhere from 150ish to 250ish I believe.

I suggest getting a heart rate monitor!
  • jymberry
    Options
    It was suggested to me to track it as circuit training. In 25 minutes it says I burn 260 calories
  • Bombbombgo
    Options
    Just finished. Hrm said 288 cals
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I log it in as circuit training, general for 27 min @ 293 cals burned
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i also log it in as circuit training for 20 mins, and it says i burn 248 calories. im also doing her banish fat boost metabolism video in conjunction with the 30DS so i end up working out for a little over an hour. but in order to compensate the modifications i make to the exercises i cant do just yet, i log in 40 mins of total workout time. it says i burn 496 and i definitely do not eat those back.
  • kritterxx
    kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Depends on your weight and age; you should burn between 220-280 cals (:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i also log it in as circuit training for 20 mins, and it says i burn 248 calories. im also doing her banish fat boost metabolism video in conjunction with the 30DS so i end up working out for a little over an hour. but in order to compensate the modifications i make to the exercises i cant do just yet, i log in 40 mins of total workout time. it says i burn 496 and i definitely do not eat those back.

i just wanted to let you know that i do the BFBM video and complete it without stopping doing all the reps and no modifications, takes 53 minutes from warm up to end of cool down, and i burn 570-590 calories.I weight 157 5'4" thats using a heart rate monitor

i would say that your 30 day shred is more like 28 minutes long when you count the warm up and cool down.
  • VRuff
    Options

i just wanted to let you know that i do the BFBM video and complete it without stopping doing all the reps and no modifications, takes 53 minutes from warm up to end of cool down, and i burn 570-590 calories.I weight 157 5'4" thats using a heart rate monitor

i would say that your 30 day shred is more like 28 minutes long when you count the warm up and cool down.

i weigh 200 and im 5'5 and it says that in 40 mins i burn 496. the reason i log 40 is because i dont want to overestimate my expenditure and end up not losing as much weight as i want to each week. i also dont count the warm up or cool down cuz i dont really sweat through those and i feel like im cheating if i count them. so thats why i log 20 mins for the 30DS and 20 mins for the BFBM, even though i do the whole second video with a few tweaks here and there. *for example, the burpees are not something ive mastered yet, neither are the walking planks* maybe im wrong for doing this, but overestimating is a big worry of mine, even if im not actually eating back any of the exercise calories. :ohwell:
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options

i weigh 200 and im 5'5 and it says that in 40 mins i burn 496. the reason i log 40 is because i dont want to overestimate my expenditure and end up not losing as much weight as i want to each week. i also dont count the warm up or cool down cuz i dont really sweat through those and i feel like im cheating if i count them. so thats why i log 20 mins for the 30DS and 20 mins for the BFBM, even though i do the whole second video with a few tweaks here and there. *for example, the burpees are not something ive mastered yet, neither are the walking planks* maybe im wrong for doing this, but overestimating is a big worry of mine, even if im not actually eating back any of the exercise calories. :ohwell:

i understand completely. when i first did the 30ds i did not have a hrm and i thought "thers no way im burning as much as mfp is telling me" so i just logged it as 175-200 each time.I don't eat back my exercise calories usually either so i dont know why it really matters lol. I just thought id give you an idea on how the hrm shows it. i started at 200 pounds, good luck in your weight loss! Jillian knows how to get it done!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I weigh 138 lb, 5'5", and I burn 110-140 according to my HRM.
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I log about 25 minutes of circuit training and I burn a little over 300 calories
  • VRuff
    Options

i understand completely. when i first did the 30ds i did not have a hrm and i thought "thers no way im burning as much as mfp is telling me" so i just logged it as 175-200 each time.I don't eat back my exercise calories usually either so i dont know why it really matters lol. I just thought id give you an idea on how the hrm shows it. i started at 200 pounds, good luck in your weight loss! Jillian knows how to get it done!

so are you saying that im burning more than what mfp is saying or less? i dont have an hrm so its very hard for me to tell :( i feel like im definitely burning enough calories cuz by the end im completely out of breath and soaked through my clothes! so far, im on day 7 of lvl 2 and even though ive only lost 5 pounds on this program, my measurements are shrinking like crazy, which makes me really happy. in total ive lost 28 pounds but im still 40 pounds from my goal weight. i know that by the end of this program im gonna be atleast 10 pounds closer to my goal :)
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm 5ft7, 200lbs, last time I did it with a HRM including warm-up/cool-down was 26 minutes 261 cal
  • gyte
    gyte Posts: 5
    Options
    oh! I was wondering just about the same as I am starting 30 day journey today! yay!