Zumba....thoughts?

Options
I have my first class tomorrow and not sure what to expect

Replies

• thekateb
    Options
    I think Zumba is the best thing that ever happened to cardio!!!! I am completelt in love with Zumba and literally cannot get enough. Most fun I have ever had losing 500-900 calories...in the gym :)
  • thefarmlife
    Options
    Zumba is great fun. I have been doing it now for just over a year and it's such a good full body workout. Nice choice for exercise because it's too fun to feel like it :)
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BILiNvLA-lo try a video of zumba class :bigsmile:
  • rhaizam
    rhaizam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is awesome, I take zumba class two times a week, is a very energetic environment, and fun!! I would recommend it to anyone!! you have nothing to worry about!
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Don't be afraid to have fun and to really move!! I've been doing Zumba twice a week for 8 months now, and the worst thing is when people are too shy to have fun OR move enough to reap the full benefits! Will you mess up some moves? Sure, everyone does, no matter if they're new or been doing it for (8) months. But enjoy it, its supposed to be fun: "Ditch the workout, join the party!"
  • workerbee2011
    workerbee2011 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it! You'll sweat a lot, while having a lot of fun dancing about. What's not to like!

11316128.png
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba, i go about 4 times a week! However it will always be different! Each instructor personalizes their class, by style of music and their own personality! I found an instructor who i love, she plays some awesome songs and is really easy to follow!
    Here are my suggestions for you first time!
    Stand close to the front as possible, i know this might sound terrifying, but you will be able to see the instructor A LOT easier, and it will be easier to follow the moves.
    Don't take it too seriously, have fun, swing the way you want to swing and don't feel like you have to be on top of every move!
    Breathe! It can get exhausting and sometimes I'm to distracted following the moves i forget to relax.
    Take a water bottle!
    Be early! My experience is that this Zumba is growing and becoming more popular and people like to "claim" spots on the dance floor, so arrive early to find a perfect spot for you!
    Give it a few tries! If their are various instructors maybe attend each class until you find the one you really enjoy!
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    I started taking Zumba twice a week a month ago, and I like it a lot! I am not a dancer, so it defintely takes practice, but I already feel an improvement in my balance and coordination. Not only is it good physical exercise, but it works out your brain circuits too! :)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I love love LOVE Zumba! You might feel like a klutz at first, but stick with it...its a ton of fun....even if you cant get whatever moves youre doing just move and dance around...its total fun and a great workout
  • lozf85
    lozf85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's amazing! A bit tricky to get your head around the first time but stick with it and you will adore it!
  • stephiisings
    stephiisings Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I have it for the Kinect, in fact I just finished a class in the game! It is definitely worth it, and so much fun! You forget you're even exercising!
  • abigailm83
    Options
    I've always been a dancer but that was 100 lbs and 3 babies ago. I just started in a Zumba class this last week and I absolutly LOVE it. Its so much fun and I doesn't even feel like your working out. Its a great way to break your cardio up. Good Luck
  • Bohemiangrace
    Bohemiangrace Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite exercises. Before I was pregnant, I would never miss my classes. It is so much fun. Take a water bottle (a big one), towel and comfortable clothes. Workout sneakers, and clothes you don't mind getting sweaty in.
  • jmsouth5
    jmsouth5 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I learned about Tabata, wild! Very intense and short, but very powerful. Check it out, then the timer you need is at http://www.beach-fitness.com/tabata/ Did two sessions tonight, took 40 minutes and feelin' everything. I highly recommend it!!
  • stelle91
    Options
    I am really uncoordinated (honestly) is it suitable?
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    Like everyone else has said... it's a ton of fun! Wear comfy clothes, sneakers & just keep moving! Don't become discouraged if you don't pick up the moves right away. Continue going to the classes & you'll know them soon enough. :smile:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am really uncoordinated (honestly) is it suitable?

I'm totally uncoordinated...I looove it you just have to not be scared to look "foolish" because everyone does at some point or other