zumba dance

Options
has anyone tried zumba dancing its the new craze at the gym. how did you do with it? did it work?

Replies

• stephmcneilly
    Options
    I just started Zumba classes last week at my gym. I've gone to three classes so far. Two were taught by the same woman and the other class had a different instructor. One of the classes was 90 minutes and two were 60 minutes. The classes were filled with women of all shapes, sizes, and ability (as well as other newbies). I didn't feel out of place at all. I definitely will need to go to a number of other classes to really learn the routines, but I'm told that the routines stay the same for each particular song. And usually the instructors (at least at my gym) keep to a particular list of routines. So if I keep with it for the month, I should be feeling pretty good as to the routines by the end of another couple of weeks. I don't know if I'll ever get some of the booty-shaking/hip rolling moves down, but it's sure fun to try! I just forget what I might look like and just try to keep up with the class. I have taken some ballroom dance classes in the past and this may have helped a little in terms of keeping up with the rhythms, but I'd still encourage you to try it. Oh, and the first class i went to was the 90 minute class and I'll be honest in stating that I had to leave after 45 minutes. I felt like I would pass out. However, it was also the first time I returned to working out in a very long time. I don't know if that was the wisest first cardio class to try, but it was the only Zumba class offered on the day that I decided to return to the gym.

15363861.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started this a couple of weeks ago too... loving it so far! It definitely gets better after you feel more familiar with the routines, means you can concentrate more on working hard and burning calories rather than trying to get your feet and arms in the right direction!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Only have done it 3 times already but everyone is right, once you get the routine down it is quite fun! I don't even feel like I am working out or burning calories, the music is great too........
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I'm an instructor and I've lost 68 lbs on it :)
  • zumbaabby
    Options
    I started taking it two years ago, and now I am an Instructor! I've lost over 100 pounds. It's a great workout...made for people of all shapes and sizes. It is SO much fun! I love it! :)
  • air6sxw
    air6sxw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My girlfriends and I have done Zumba for about 6 months now. We have a ball with it. It's like anything else once you get comfortable with the routines its what you put in it. You can get a great workout.
  • megan2088
    Options
    has anyone tried zumba dancing its the new craze at the gym. how did you do with it? did it work?

I do Zumba 3 times a week and I love it! Hardly feel like am working out cause its fun! Time passes well quick! I started last year and it really tonned up my tummy & thigh area. Stopped for a while and just getting back into it again! Love it! Really changes your shape! Toning tracks are brilliant... am not so keen on the salsa ones but there is a lot of twisting in them which is good for your waist!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Do you have a wii? I have Zumba for the Wii and I can do it in the comfort of my own home :) It's loads of fun x
  • F1uffy2
    F1uffy2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have been 5 times this year with a friend. We do nothing but laugh for the entire hour as we attempt to do the routines (usually going in the wrong direction!). It is a great all over workout and you come away thinking 'Did I really do a full hour already?' as it just whizzes by. Well worth a go!x
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Started this Jan. 23rd and it is amazing..........I don't have all the steps down yet, but you still get a great work out. Do the class you will love it..............have fun
  • wendywoolley
    Options
    did my first 60 min zumba dance yesterday lots of fun but im feeling it today in my waist and hip area lol thanks for all the replys
  • kcornell61
    Options
    Good Job~ I love zumba!
  • kcornell61
    Options
    love zumba ~ my gym don't have zumba but i am trying it tommrow on Xbox