Newb needing some assistance in this quest for a killer bod.

Options
Hello all! I am Alli, a 27 year old mom to an 8 month old who really needs to get back into shape. I started out in the right direction back in 2010 and lost 80lbs however I am now stuck with a ton of weight gain after my pregnancy. Feeling so gross! I hate that :( Um lets see... I am a vegetarian/vegan(I consume some things that contain milk however I try to avoid it at all costs because I am lactose intolerant), I am a stay at home mom so I thought I would have time to exercise more often(HAH), I can't do any really intense workouts starting out... I have to build up due to medical issues. Anyway, tips would be appreciated and please add me if you would like :)

Replies

• naffito
    naffito Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    i too am a mum to two kids, dd1 is 3 and dd2 is 1 and i'm struggling to get back the body i once had!

have you thought about swimming/? i hate people seeing me in my swimming costume and practically run into the pool but, i've been able to increase the distance i can swim really fast. i started off at 20 lengths and i've been swimming a few weeks, this week i did 90 lengths (of a 25m pool)
    just a thought! its so hard fitting it in around kids
  • alliwithaneye
    alliwithaneye Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! :) I have actually really wanted to swim, there are a few gyms near by with pools but unfortunately right now we don't have the extra money to sink into a membership :/ It is incredibly hard finding time to fit stuff in and DD is going through the anxiety phase now where she just wants to be held all day. Good luck to you!! :)