Has anyone seen this?

Options
I can't believe it. I saw it on the internet today and about passed out. This is a place that TRYS to feed you crap. As a matter of fact, you eat free if you weigh over 350 pounds. One of their burgers is 8,000 calories!!!:noway: :noway: Here is the site.

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

Personally I think it is irrespsonsible. JMO

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Obscene! :noway:

eta: Looks like they don't let their waitresses (uhh...."nurses") eat the food. :laugh: Maybe my end goal should be one of their "uniforms":wink:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That is sad!!! No wonder American's are the fattest in the world!!!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ugh! Slightly infuriating, but mostly disgusting. The french fries are fried in PURE LARD. -resists being sick-

Well I wanted to say thank you anyway. Something about that website just gave me that motivation I was looking for to hit the gym for an evening session.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    gross!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I went to the site, I almost threw up plus I hate hamburgers... ew! That is really sad though.

~Leash :heart:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Did you see they offer Jolt to drink and UNFILTERED cigarettes.....WTF
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    that's all pretty gross but the most disgusting FACT of all is that the only reason they are open is because PEOPLE ACTUALLY EAT THERE. DIS-GUS-TING!!!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    Oh my gosh! that's gross. I watched the one u tube viedo the women eating the 8,000 calorie burger!!! That's nuts.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Haha. This place makes me laugh. My BF told me about it.

I'm not bothered by it at all. Because 1. People who eat there know what they're doing, and 2. That place doesn't lie about what they serve. If anyone's to be frowned upon, it would be those that frequent it. Otherwise, why don't we frown at, say, Per Se? Except that the higher prices are a deterrent...

But, seriously, if anyone wants to sponsor me eating at Per Se, I would gladly go over my calories :laugh:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The name of the website says it all...That is crazy
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Zara. We have Heart Attack Grill where I live...no, I've never eaten there. Personally, I find their truth in advertising rather refreshing. You know what you're in for when you go there. Much better than many of the chain restaurants that make dishes appear healthy, but pack them with fat, calories and sodium that it's a wonder (ie Rubio's, Chili's, many more). And yes, it would be great if every restaurant served heathly fare. However, it's also great that we have free will....and the ability to learn what are nutritionally sound food choices. :tongue:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I saw that place on a tv program quite some time ago. I was appalled. Granted, they do have truth in their advertising, but I was appalled nonetheless.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :noway: that makes me sick......
  • lisamgould
    lisamgould Posts: 68
    Options
    Definitly seems like a good old guys place to eat. Im sure it has the same appeal hooters has for men. I think its kinda funny...if I went though I would be freaked out by the fat and calories and try to find a side salad.
  • Isaacsmama
    Isaacsmama Posts: 43
    Options
    I dont think its irresponsible. They are honest and up front and living the American dream of making a buck with an original idea. The real criminals are restaurant chains that hide or lie about the nutritional facts of their food. Sure, its not by any means good for you, but weve all eaten some things that had we really known what we were eating, wed be just as grossed out. Im sure Im not the only person who has eaten a whole pizza in one sitting. I surely dont think anyone should blame them for their own bad eating habits. If you dont like it, just dont eat there. No one is dragging you in at gun point. These people arent being tricked by places like McD's or others, they are going in knowing exactly what they are getting. And that is their choice. Now, I dont think Id take a kid in there, but an adult can make their own decisions. And I was ever in arizona, Id take a once in a lifeime chance on a burger. That would probably be all I ate that day ... or 2. But, I would eat one. Hey, it wouldnt be the first 2000 calorie burger I, or anyone else, has eaten.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Definitly seems like a good old guys place to eat. Im sure it has the same appeal hooters has for men. I think its kinda funny...if I went though I would be freaked out by the fat and calories and try to find a side salad.

I don't think they serve side salads. I don't know if they have ANY vegetables...besides the fries, that is. And they probably got kicked out of the veggie category once they took a dip in all that melted lard.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's totally irresponsible!! I saw a video: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4632991n

:explode: :explode:

I like a burger every now & then but this is just too much. :mad:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing also. It's refreshingly honest. I'd rather eat the burger than some of low fat -sugar free grocery store products. At least I know what I'm getting at the Heart Attack Grill.
    Haha. This place makes me laugh. My BF told me about it.

I'm not bothered by it at all. Because 1. People who eat there know what they're doing, and 2. That place doesn't lie about what they serve. If anyone's to be frowned upon, it would be those that frequent it. Otherwise, why don't we frown at, say, Per Se? Except that the higher prices are a deterrent...

But, seriously, if anyone wants to sponsor me eating at Per Se, I would gladly go over my calories :laugh: