Eating when bored

Options
One of my biggest problems is eating when I'm bored. Even though I am not hungry, it just seems that I take many trips to the fridge. So, any ideas as to what to eat (or not) that is healthy and will not pile the calories on.

Any suggestions welcome

Thanks T

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Same problem here! Boredom is my worst enemy. I can get into some serious trouble when I'm bored!

I try to get into some kind of hobby type thing that uses my hands, like, for example: I learned how to knit. Yep, knit. And I am making some really cute things! Plus it keeps me busy.
    I like to read and watch TV too, but those things tend to go with eating. I love to eat and read. Not good.

So anything that you can think of to keep yourself busy and occupied, especially your hands, is good.

Good Luck and I am anxious to hear what other people think about this problem.
  • KemaVA
    KemaVA Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored also... For me the answer is Sunflower seeds. Its an activity and a snack! lol!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Keep water nearby so you have something to do with your mouth/hands.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    do push ups when you are bored.
  • thefarmlife
    Options
    Wow I haven't found a solution yet. Keep eating and eating even though I am crazy full. I think it becomes a habit and like most, they are hard to break.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I pick at cherry tomatoes or grapes!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    do push ups when you are bored.

This.

Pullups or pushups turns my boredom into awesome.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    When I get bored I sweep or mop the floor and by sweet and mop I mean I have a full out concert and my 4 year old is my back up singer lol burns alot of calories preforming for millions into the handle of a broom while playing air guitar!
  • joemomma3d
    Options
    i think everyone has the same issue, eating when bored. I am really bad at this especially when sitting in front of the TV. So i try not to watch TV at night, i will read or clean the house, or scrapbook. Water is good, sometimes just drinking a big glass of water or herbal tea takes the mind off eating. You are not alone, we all are the same. :) cheers
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,132 Member
    Options
    I suggest coming to MFP and posting over 8,000 times :ohwell:

Having a journal to write down my thoughts also helped me.