What a different real running shoes make...

Options
If anyone is wondering if all the people on here that have been running for years are correct when they say real running shoes are a must even for a beginer... well they are!

I did two days of c25k week 1 in my old shoes couldn't even finish all the runs and walked though some. Figured it was because I'm still 90 lbs or so overweight...

Well yesterday I was able to drive to Albany and get real shoes, a sports bra, and 2 pairs of running socks (they are cool, all cushiony on the bottom but light and breathable on top)

Last night I did my first run in them and completed the entire week 1 workout. I think it made quite a difference. My legs aren't sore this morning either. They are a bit stiff but they don't hurt.

I'm going to count yesterday as my true day one and do that two more times before moving on now.

The store was also awesome. I learned that the reason my other shoes hurt the top of my feet is that my instep is high so if I get wide shoes even though my feet are normal width that will give me enough extra room.

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Nice one Kag!

I think many people underestimate the importance of good footwear for running. Enjoy it all to the full! :D
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Great news!!
    I did find this when I was running before - I've just started C25k and am waiting for payday to treat myself to some proper runners. Can't wait!

They're so light too aren't they!

Hope you continue to enjoy C25K.
  • annabell0768
    Options
    Couldnt agree with you more. My b/f treated me to my first pair, I went to a specialty store and got properly fitted and, found out I had an issue with my foot that apparently went undetected for years.

With the proper support my feet don't hurt anymore, I can go longer distances and i look forward to running. :smile:
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I love the cushioning! It's a bounce in my step that ordinary shoes do not have. Makes running easier.