What do you eat after a run?

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
I normally have something high in protein like quorn or greek yoghurt or an almond bounce ball, but today a had a big bowl of broccoli post run and despite having to wait the cooking time, feel much better for it, and not hungry at all.

What do you eat after a long run?

Replies

• hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a piece or two of low-fat cheese, a handful of almonds, and raw peppers... helps me bounce right back!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    clif builders!
  • ladykat2330
    Options
    After running i need protien so go for poached eggs on toast. Being British it has to be washed down with a good old cuppa cha (tea)
  • fteale
    Options
    After running i need protien so go for poached eggs on toast. Being British it has to be washed down with a good old cuppa cha (tea)

Yes, obviously I always have to have my pre and post run cups of tea!
  • mrs_lanza
    Options
    I eat Kashi Cereal
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Banana and a big glass of something tasty like juice or chocolate soy milk :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    After a race, I'll eat the most decadent option in the post-race spread. Some only have bananas, but some have brownies! :heart:

Otherwise, I typically eat before I run, so unless it's more than 10k, I don't feel any need to refuel except to rehydrate. I'll just eat when I'm due for another meal or snack.
  • fteale
    Options
    After a race, I'll eat the most decadent option in the post-race spread. Some only have bananas, but some have brownies! :heart:

Otherwise, I typically eat before I run, so unless it's more than 10k, I don't feel any need to refuel except to rehydrate. I'll just eat when I'm due for another meal or snack.

At the end of my last race (9 miles), they had a cake stall with cream cakes. I couldn't face that after 85 minutes of running!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I usually have some proteins... Today I had a yogurt!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I normally have something high in protein like quorn or greek yoghurt or an almond bounce ball, but today a had a big bowl of broccoli post run and despite having to wait the cooking time, feel much better for it, and not hungry at all.

What do you eat after a long run?

Ironically, I too, after a run will often eat quorn. Quorn, cheese and onion crispbake with baked beans.

Hell, I love that meal so much, I input it into my recipes LOL.