Help - I'm new!

Options
So, I'm a 35 year-old former athlete who is so ashamed of how much I let myself go.

I am 5' 7" and weigh 185 pounds (or I did on Monday - I refuse to get on a scale again until a week has passed). I've been tracking calories this week and staying under my goals, and I started back to working out (slowly) this week, but I am going to need some people to hold me accountable. I want to get fit enough to start 30 Day Shred, but that's going to take another week (at least).

I don't really know how all of this works, but I know that I can't lose 40 pounds by myself. Anyone out there who can help?

Replies

• srosser
    Options
    Hey, good luck on your journey, whats 30 day shred?? x
  • daisytripp
    daisytripp Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    It's one of the Jillian Michaels work out programs. Less than 30 minutes a day for 30 days. I have lots of friends who have seen great results, but I'm so out of shape right now that i couldn't even finish Level 1. :(
  • I_am_Holly
    Options
    Hey Daisy! I am a former athlete myself and I am a bigger mess than you! Feel free to send me a friend request. I could use more support also!
    And hey, check out the community boards for a cool monthly thread it's called Move Your @ss or Move your *kitten* challenge. You set a goal of how many miles you will exercise in a month. It's a good way to meet people and also gives you another goal to reach.
    Hope to "meet" you!
  • srosser
    Options
    How would i get info on that? id love to be able to get out and exercise, but as my partner works funny hours and i have a son i can never commit to anything :-(
    What kind of athlete were you? I love athletics just wish i had the time x
  • megansoriano
    Options
    So, I'm a 35 year-old former athlete who is so ashamed of how much I let myself go.

I am 5' 7" and weigh 185 pounds (or I did on Monday - I refuse to get on a scale again until a week has passed). I've been tracking calories this week and staying under my goals, and I started back to working out (slowly) this week, but I am going to need some people to hold me accountable. I want to get fit enough to start 30 Day Shred, but that's going to take another week (at least).

I don't really know how all of this works, but I know that I can't lose 40 pounds by myself. Anyone out there who can help?

sure, add me and you can travel down the awesome weight loss road with me :)

11527915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter